Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

achejoints after treatment

I was on Peg-intron for 6 mo. caught hep C in nursing school through a needle stick accident.  Anyhoo.. I was geno 3a.  But now i notice that when it is cold.. weather changes or i get sick.. my legs and joints ache.  this never happened before treatment.  While on treatment.. i thgouht my legs were going to fall off and my back would break I ached sooo bad.  I thought i would be free of this since i sucessfully completed treatement and was undetectable after 1 year post treatment.  But i still suffer with the ache joints.  Any thoughts on this would be great

PS: I completed treatment in may of 04. (i just found this place though ;-) )

thanks

Lisa
24 Responses
welcome, congrats on your SVR status. Can't speak to your other concern because I'm still being tx. This is the best place you will find for support.
Lauren
some have found relief once they finish tx and others don't. I had them prior to tx, during and now post. I always said that even if they don't go away, as long as I get the SVR, I will learn to live with them....kind of still wish they were gone with the virus...nice title: "gone with the virus"
I just take ibuprofen.
I'm 3 yrs post-tx-svr-2b.  Before tx, I couldn't open a door or hold a pen.  My back was always 'out' and my ski knee was always 'going out'.  If I rode in a car for an hour, I crawled out!  I had no quality of life and w/no money or insurance and unable to work, I couldn't go from doctor to doctor.

B/that's all gone now.  The only aches and pains now are when I don't exercise or don't rest enough.

I'm taking nothing else now or during tx except otc pain releivers and benedryl for the puritis.

I do take supplements-joint juice and liquid vitamins in my daily fruit smoothie.  And avoid caffine.  Caffine seems to make everything worse.  I use one green tea bag in a large tea pot, so I get alittle caffine, b/not much..

My partner is a drummer and notices his hands ache if he lays off the joint juice, so it helps both of us w/different problems.  We travel all over the world w/our joint juice and blender, plus teas, 85% chocolate, rice protein powder, etc.

It's strange to carry most of your own food when traveling, b/I know what works now.
got pcr back undetectable oh yes bow wow snoop doggy dog i shot left
Congratulations man!!!! Maybe you got the thing licked after all!!
You missed the fullmoon by a couple of nights, but go out and do some howling anyway!!!
what a struggle, but you did it!!!!!  congrats
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.