Hepatitis C Community

ammonia

I've been very confussed lately and easy to get made and very sleeply. the Dr ran an ammonia test and it came back as 106. I later found out you really are not to have any in your system. If so between 11 and 30. you can even go into a coma and then die. So if you feel you fit in that profile all it takes is a blood test please take. they are treating me with Enulose (Lactulose solution.) My liver was not getting filtering it so the next thing would be your kidneys so I guess my was not working. If any one else has had this problem please let me know GOD BLESS.
Md,,,Sorry to hear you are having problems,,,What does the dr say can be done with your ammonia level?  Have you had a biopsy to determine where you stand?  I wish I could be of more help but hopefully someone that has had this will see and post.
liver biopsy is next. I'm on lactulose on beause my   kidneys are not getting rid of the ammonia. So now they are trying      laxative. I've been told that temp. dialysis would work. I hope so. Thanks for your response