Hepatitis C Community

anemia, pain and itching in feet and lower legs etc

I hve been taking pegasus and copegus since Oct. 2 2007. My side effects are not daily or severe (except for the fatigue and this crazy fungus in my mouth,painful!). I have been severely anemic and have been getting 80m units of procrit for 3 or 4 months now. My platelets are non existant. I had been taking 5 ribavirin then it is now been discontinued completely. As I understand it the interferon can do nothing without the ribavirin? Is this true? My potassium is extremely low. I have been taking prescription potassium at 8 tablets a day. As of todays lab I am to reduce to one tablet per day, but still cannot resume the ribavirin.  Over the last few weeks, after being on my feet for awhile (ie two hours), I get a severe prickling sensation and itch on my feet and lower legs. I scratch them till they bleed and scar and it seems to be getting worse. Anybody else have this before? The good news is that 2 weeks ago my viral count was zero. What does it all mean? My doc is so sick of me and the same goes for me, its to the point that I rarely even ask him any questions. I cannot get an answer from him when I can resume ribavirin.
Please advise any and all info that might help ease my mind. He has now requested a blood test for cortisol levels whats that. Lisa
Lisa--good morning..
It is my understanding that the pegasis/copegasis (ribaviran) treatment cannot work with one without the other...Why don't you contact the pegasis hotline...and talk to them about this...I have been on other websites and have not heard of anyone taking the shot without the pills...please check into that...
Good luck..and our prayers are out to you today...
Dorsey