Hepatitis C Community

any risk of getting hcv? plz help!

some weeks ago one of my friends wanted to test her glucose by a rapid test we sell. i wanted to help her. i pricked her finger by a lancet for testing. after that i forgot to dispose that lancet. and i was describing the test procedure to her while i was playing with the lancet (in my hand) without me noticing that it was used by another person. suddenly i found out that my finger was touching the lancet needle and i immediately threw out the lancet! i don't remember any pain but i am not sure if the lancet punctured my skin and flesh or not. i didn't see any blood at that time but i didn't squeeze my finger to see if blood drop appears or not.
i tested negative for hcv 7 weeks post exposure. should i test again? the lancet needle was small, sharp and non hollowcore. i asked an infection diseases doctor and he told me there is no much worry because it was not a real exposure and my test result was a good indicator. what do you think? should i test again?
Did the friend have HCV?
she told me she doesn't have hcv. at least maybe she is not aware of her real status.
the hcv prevalence in our country is less than 0.5 percent. how much is the real risk?
Get tested to mind at ease.
"without me noticing that it was used by another person".  Do you mean a person other than your friend?  If a third person, where is your conern about your friend?
I think you are obsessing for no reason. You are acting like you know your friend has HCV. Does your friend at least have any risky behavior like IDU, etc for you to be worried like you are? If they are a friend why not ask them to get tested along with you? Best of luck