Hepatitis C Community

autoimmune hepatitis, stage 3 fibrosis

I was just diagnosed with stage 3 fibrosis, stemming from auto-immune hep. My GI is sending me to a transplant center to see about trial drugs and/or getting on a transplant list. In October my liver enzymes were near normal and are now severe and am stage 3. My rheumatologist felt this seems to be moving very quickly. I have so much on my mind financially, whether to pursue as the bills are starting to add up. I also have CAD, glaucoma and rheumatoid arthritis. I have been started on interferon and prednisone. Just so many questions, my mind is full and ultimately want to make all the right decisions. I am sure the transplant center will help with a lot, but that may be weeks before I even see them. Hard to sleep as it is with meds, symptoms and now my mind won't stop racing. My pathology report shows a patcy bile ductular proliferation which says is most like related to the degree of fibrosis and activity. Can someone shed some light on what that might mean? can't find on the net searches believe it or not!
This is the hepatitis c community

You may want to ask your question in the liver cirrhosis community

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Cirrhosis-of-the-Liver/show/1390

Good luck
My friend had autoimmune and was deteriating quickly .....Dr Feldman in NYC put her on Harvoni.....it cleared it .....hope this helps
Peace  national hug day go hug someone
Rangle
Harvoni is only used to treat hep c it's job is to interfere with the replication of th ehep c virus. The prescribing information sheet for Harvoni only lists it is to be used for Hepatitis c genotypes 1,4,5 or 6 infection. There is no usage instructions for autoimmune hepatitis as that contition is not caused by the hep c virus.
My girlfriend was treated with Harvoni she too was headed for a transplant.......autoimmune was her disease.....she is SVR because of Harvoni......her doctor is Dr Feldman NYC....maybe he could better explain better yet maybe you could explain Dr fyin why would you write such a negative post ....my girl is still SVR    Peace
It means an accumulation of epithelial cells.  It sort of makes that area seem thicker.  It is very common in people with liver disease.  Your result says that it 's related to your disease being active.  It's to be expected.

Hang in there.  The transplant center has some of the best specialists.  

Co