Hepatitis C Community

cold sores

for the past 5 months on and off  i have suffered from dry sores on the corners of my mouth after a while using cold sore lip cream it goes but then soon returns, its not contagious and not very painful but itchy and easy spreads and splits when i yawn ! any idea what this is
Oh my goodness someone else that is having the same problem I am. I am not sure what to do about it.  Please keep me posted as you find out.

Denise
I don't know if this will help or not.  Several years ago when I moved from the rainy section of the state to the desert section I had a horrible time with my lips drying out to the point of cracking at the corners.  A bad time with dry skin too.  I started putting on lip balms and moisturizers right after a shower while the room is still so steamy I can't even see in the mirror.  All our pores are wide open at that time (I don't even know if lips have pores, lol) and it seems to work better.  I haven't had that problem since, even with all the dehydration of tx.  Nothing I do seems to help the rash going up the back of my neck into my hair though :(

Carol
Typical. I woke up one morning while under treatment with seven! I also had a cut on the top lip that would not heal until I got off treatment. Be careful with certain medicines for Herpes. They can affect the liver. Read and ask your doctor...

Magnum
I myself do suffer from genital herpes and I myself do feel all sores on the sides of the mouth are herpes.
and I have have not ever had these sores on the corners until I started treatment
Natural  raw Honey is the best for herpes oral/genital.  Dr. Mercola's site has an article on it being more effective than the traditional therapies.  Maintaining healthy vitamin D levels is essential to a healthy immune system and being in the higher limits of healthy vitamin D is optimal for preventing outbreaks.