Hepatitis C Community

diabetes cross liver diet

hay rev, I checked out your recommended web sites from  goggle  I have been trying to find a cross diet fore liver and people that are diabetics it seems to be a hard one to mach up on a web site If any one knows ova any both problems seem to conflict with each other
A diet that is healthy for a diabetic is equally healthy for a patient with a liver problem.
carbs verses protein'  vitamins fat soluble verses water soluble' vegetables with to much copper our iron and other things like that my dietitians diet is bad fore ammonia levels it seems  we can get symptoms of starving Evan thou we eat healthy being diabetic makes it worse and can make use gain wait Evan thou wear dieting  [liver has allot to duo with diabetic symptoms Evan if  your not diabetic
I don't follow. Having both hep c and diabetes am interested in subject. could you be more clear? As a diabetic of course I avoid sugar, carbs where possible try to stick to whole grains yams rather then white potatoes
I don't follow either, nitramog.  Are you by any chance talking about a condition called Thalassemia?  which I don't anything about (saw one patient with it -once), and I only know that it's a condition that - no matter what - the body is "starving" because no uptake and storage of any essential nutrients from any foods can occur.  This particular patient had a long history severe alcoholism, she had hepatic encephalopathy, and the one additional thing they diagnosed her with, too, was "Thalassemia".  I'd never seen it before, never seen it since, but your note for some reason reminded me of it.

next time I come to a web site off interest I will post them so it's explained better I aim going back and forth over liver diet and blood sugar diet It will take a few days to find them again
You must be thinking of something else because Thalassemia causes a form of anemia, it does not render you unable to process or tore nutrients. There are several types of Thalassemia, some more severe than others.

You're right.  LMAO! What the heck am I thinking of?  It's not Thalasemia.  Now I'm going to be wondering and wondering what that woman was diagnosed with -- it was rare to see it in this country, as I recall.  And it had to do with the body being totally unable to get any nutrients from foods  (the poor children in those awful countries that suffer from starvation - once they are so emaciated, they eventually can't absorb anything, and it's whatever that is, I think.)  And for the life of me, I can't think of it, but it is not Thalasemia  HAHAHAHA  hmmm.  brain fogged more than I thought.  Now I'm going to go try and find it - gee thanks Kalio, now I gotta go to google and google starvation!  

I keep thinking it'll come to me as I'm writing this note, but it's not.  hmmm....  

:)
I can't find it, but the more I read on Thalassemia the more I think my first thought was right - that it was Thalassemia (in this particular patient, at least.)  What made me remember her was - it was not typical, the docs were surprised to find it (very.) She was a black patient, in her 40's, and she combative and out of it, but she was eating remarkably well (but wasting). This was at least 15 years ago, though, and so - I might be way off base on what was causing the wasting, but I do remember the docs being surprised that she was found to have ... I think - Thalassemia.
PREVALENCE OF MALNUTRITION
Malnutrition is prevalent in all forms of liver disease;
from 20% in compensated liver disease to
more than 80% in those patients with decompensated
disease (1,2). Patients with alcoholic liver
disease are reported to have a greater incidence of
malnutrition than those with nonalcoholic disease (3).
Protein energy malnutrition has been reported in 100%
of those who receive liver transplant, and malnutrition
is an independent risk factor for morbidity and mortality
in these patients (4). Frequently, patients with endstage
hepatic failure will present with muscle wasting,
decreased fat stores, and overt cachexia. However,
many more patients will have subtle changes such as
fat-soluble vitamin deficiencies, anemia from iron,
folate, and pyridoxine deficiency, altered cell-mediated
immune function, and slow loss of muscle mass.http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/digestive-health/nutritionarticles/jun03krenitskyarticle.pdf