does interferon destroyed my soul?

Hi, I did take IFN alpha together with sovaldi for 12 weeks. That was 3 months ago. I cleared the virus. My ability to focus and for example play guitar is totally wrecked. I was so happy before treatment. Now I can't properly talk. I feel like I lost 50 points lent IQ.
I'm only 25 and I'm about to kill myself if my soul doesn't comes back. I don't want to live in this shell tx left behind... Sad
Hi again
I just sent you a personal note, and publicly want to tell you that I'm thinking about you.  As you can see, many of us have felt the way that you do and we are all here to share our story's.
When I was feeling down and out, coming here and helping others made my journey less of a burden.  You now can relate on a personal level with others whom are scared and uncertain of their future.  Perhaps sharing your experience with them might help you to see the full picture.  
Enjoy this beautiful day
....Kim
Please please please do get professional help, they may be able to give you some short-term drug therapy to bring you out of your depression, this really is a short-term problem, though I know you can't see it now. I have had times of depression and found that zoloft was able to bring me out of it, and to give me a better perspective on my life.

As a side note, after my treatment (Solvaldi/Interferon/Ribavirin), and I achieved SVR12, I was told by my nurse I could stet taking multi-vitamins (w/o iron), and that helped me a lot.

I have a daughter your age, and l would be heart broken if she ever harmed herself. Please make an appointment today and get in to be seen.
zhanks for all the replies. you know, i play guitar for my life. it's my living and i beat that virus, yes, but it seems that the Interferon really, really messed with my ability to make music. well, i know that i can play but i'm too confused at the moment. i think you can see that in my lines here. I'm confused
Your love for making music will come back.   Your passion has just hit a minor bump in your life.  You will get over this.   Don't let this ever beat you down to a place of no hope.   You will get better.

Beethoven became deaf in his 20s and still became one of the most accomplished and talented composers the world has ever known

You'll feel better, the music will come back

And you won't have to deal with all the complications from this ugly virus

Take care

~ Linda
thank you so much

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community