Hepatitis C Community

end stage liver (level 6) Support network

I have massive pain and  my hep c is now End Stage Liver Disease.   I will be starting interferon plus an injection ???? shortly., after christmas if not sooner . I am recieving both as my liver is really scarred, !! .I started drinking etc earlyish I was 14 yrs old and partying .So when I was told I had a death sentence from something that still was'nt known about (later named hep non b).I was still young and silly enough to dare ,and went on a BRING IT ON binge.Now at the age of 45 and in agony . I recieved a 2nd Death sentence ,even though I mask it with my,biodone then methadone (been on and off since I was 17 mostly on.)   I need Any helpful tips and staying in touch with other's as I have been told I will need a support network as it has similar feelings to coming off speed, Hence the added depression I have been warned about makes me wonder if some of you should have been warned. Thank you for adding me as a new member that has yet to start this six month treatment.HELP DIET, TIPS ??? anything??? thanx again.      4 help
Hi there,

Welcome to the discussion group. What is causing you pain?

There are lots of us here that have managed to undergo the treatment successfully; stick around and exchange thoughts and ideas with us. You say you are scheduled for 214 weeks of treatment? Do you know if you have genotype 2 or 3 Hep C? Have they told you what your stage of fibrosis (scarring) is?

It’ll be necessary to remain clean and sober for your best chances of success with this stuff; good luck, and let us know how things go—

Bill
Hey Bill. doesn't she mean 24 weeks of treatment? I think 214 weeks would kill anything that moves on this earth...

Magnum
I thought that was the Las Vegas way of doing things :o). You must have done that much yourself over the years, eh?

Bill
You will pick up lots from this forum,keep reading, be kind to yourself and goodluck.