Hepatitis C Community

half life of riba

while im sitting here and should be happy i can stop the incivek tomorrow im slowly getting nuts.

im still thinkink if these 2 days riba break due my anemia, ruined my therapy.
today i had my 12 weeks labs done and i cant slow down that maybe all is over now due this break.

my question:
does anybody know the half life of riba,so that maybe after the 2 days still some riba was in my body.

and when not was the incivek and pegaysy able the do its job for 2 days without the riba.?

sorry for my same question again but i cant slow down and my head is
From what I understand, the half-life for Riba is 12 days, but because it hangs out in the red blood cells, lasts much much longer.  I really don't think you need to worry that this will affect your treatment.  

I'm sure one of the wiser members will respond with specific data.  Relax.
Riba has a really long half life, I got this from Wikipedia:

The mean half-life for multiple doses in the body is about 12 days, but very long-term kinetics are dominated by the kinetics of RBCs (half-life 40 days). RBCs store ribavirin for the lifetime of the cells, releasing it into the body's systems when old cells are degraded in the spleen.

I'm no doctor, but from the sound of it, you will probably be ok
The terminal half-life of ribavirin following administration of a single oral dose of COPEGUS is about 120 to 170 hours. The total apparent clearance following administration of a single oral dose of COPEGUS is about 26 L/h. There is extensive accumulation of ribavirin after multiple dosing (twice daily) such that the Cmax at steady state was four-fold higher than that of a single dose.

http://www.gene.com/gene/products/information/pegasys/pdf/copegus_pi.pdf
marc...when your done with tx your going to wish riba was out of your system in 2 days....it doesn't work like that....your going to be fine...worry more about falling down with that low of hgb...i almost went down in the shower a few times on tx and i did go down on the snow more then once....billy