Hepatitis C Community

hcv hepatitis c scared

Hello guys, I hope you are all doing well.
I went to a barber shop and got a hair cut and had my beard shaved.
He used a straight razor for shaving my beard and it was a little bit tough.
He took the straight edge razor out of a uv sterlizing machine however the lights of the machine were turned off so I'm afraid that the machine wasn,t working and the razor wasnt sterilized. When I reached home I saw tiny spots of blood on my face in 2 or 3 places. What are the risks for hcv or any other infection? I'm really scared
The risk of cross-contamination from an inanimate surface is low to nonexistent.

\http://www.aidsmap.com/Hepatitis-C-virus-dried-on-inanimate-surfaces-can-remain-infectious-for-up-to-six-weeks/page/2808006/
the link says that it can be infectous up to six weeks but you said the risk is low to non-existent. How come?
Because, as Idyllic said, that method of exposure rarely produces an active case.  As has probably been said before, Hep C is a blood to blood transfer.

The chances of it happening the way you experiences are almost impossible, BUT, since, it the blade did have active virus on it and the cuts you received were very deep it is POSSIBLE, so they have to list it.

I agree with Idyllic, under the conditions you described, I believe you are fine.

However, if you are still worried, wait the 6 months and get a Hep C Antibody test.  Cheap, fast and at that point, so accurate.

Good luck and blessings.  Pat