hcv rna untetectable after 34 weeks

MY QUESTION IS I HAVE BEEN ON TRIPLE THERAPY FOR 34 WEEKS IM SHOWING HCV RNA UNDETECTABLE I WAS ON VERTEX VX950 FOR 12 WEEKS AND CONTINUAED WITH PEGASYS AND RIBAVIRIN FOR THE PAST 34 WEEKS AND SCHEDULED FOR 48 WEEKS TOTAL. WHAT ARE MY ODDS OF BEEING HCV RNA UNDETECTABLE AFTER 6 MONTHS OF TREATMENT.I HAVE BEEN ON TREATMENT THIS IS MY 5TH TIME.THE FIRST 2 TIMES I WAS A NON REPONDER AND THE LAST 2 TIMES I WAS A RELAPSER 1 WEEK AFTER STOPPING TREATMENT I HAD SHOWED POSTIVE AGAIN.PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN.
When did you go undetectable on the VX950 (incivek)
I would say you have a very good chance of remaining UND and getting to SVR.  We relapsers have an 86% chance of SVR.  You are doing a great job, keep it up
My best to you
D
AFTER 4 WEEKS
I would say you have an excellent chance of SVR if you were und at 4 weeks - That is a real good indicator that your tx is working! I was und at week 4 and I am now 5 months post tx and still und. I also was a relapser from prior tx and am waiting for my 6 month post tx test to come back - I think you have an excellent chance of SVR - Best of luck - Fred
Previously Treated Adults
Trial C216 (REALIZE)

Table 11: Response Rates: Trial C216
SVR rate All T12/PR48
Prior relapsers 86% (246/286)
Prior partial responders 59% (57/97)
Prior null responders 32% (47/147)

Among prior relapsers, 76% (218/286) achieved an eRVR and of those 95% (208/218) achieved an SVR. In an earlier, dose-finding clinical trial, 78% (52/67) of prior relapsers achieved an eRVR and were treated with 24 weeks of peginterferon alfa and ribavirin (T12/PR24); of those 94% (49/52) achieved an SVR.

"TIME.THE FIRST 2 TIMES I WAS A NON REPONDER AND THE LAST 2 TIMES I WAS A RELAPSER 1 WEEK AFTER STOPPING TREATMENT I HAD SHOWED POSTIVE AGAIN."

By chance did you have and EOT PCR the last 2 treatments you did that showed you were still UND then relapsed after 1 week?

Anyway an eRVR is great, congrats.
I WAS ON VERTEX VX950 MY FIRST 12 WEEKS OF TREATMENT AND IM ON WEEK NUMBER 35 AND MY TREATMENT ENDS AT WEEK 48.

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community