Hepatitis C Community

hcv treatment

Hi Iam hcv patient my doc diagnose it when I am 6 months pregnant,I want to know about cure , types of cure ,and how I know that which genoto type ,and what are the side effects of cute,plz help me and answer me,
The type of medicine you take will depend on your genotype and you will have to have a genotype test to determine that, it is just another blood test. As far as side effects, it is hard to say which one's you will get and those you won't as everyone reacts the the meds differently, it one of those things that you just have to wait and see.

Have a great day
The ideal way is to start your treatment after delivering the baby, becoz every treatment has some side effects. Apart from the genotype, u may also get the tests done about the condition of your liver to know whether the virus has affected your liver or not.
Good wishes for u & ur baby.
Yes you should wait until you give birth before treating you don't want to effect you unborn child. But in any event it is not urgent to treat hep c immediately I had hep c for 37 years. It took me 30 years to develop liver cirrhosis hep c is a very slowly moving illness for most.

Have your baby get treated get cured

Good luck and congratulations
Lynn
Thanks to you people for good wishes,flyinlynn you said you had hcv for 37 years so my question is once u done all the treatment,what's your review ,I heard that it comes back again after few months of finishing treatment
You have heard incorrect information. The new meds cure hep c about 98% cure rate for most people.

I treated 3 times in the past with interferon based medicines. I did not have any reduction in my viral load in fact the virus increased on treatment.

I finished 24 weeks of Harvoni back in May and when retested in October 24 weeks after I stopped taking Harvoni I am still virus free and thus considered cured.  

Some did cure with the old interferon treatments but only around 30 % were able to do so.
I treated for that long because I have liver cirrhosis and am harder to treat because of having been a prior non responder to treatment and because of having cirrhosis. But even with all that I am cured.
Harvoni is a new drug? And is it available in countries like Pakistan?
Harvoni was approved by the US FDA in October 2015

I do not know if it is available in Pakistan.

I have heard there is a generic version available in India from Mylan Pharmaceuticals they call it "MyHep LVIR" in India.

However Harvon is not approved for all Genotypes. At present on the US prescribing information sheet it is only approved for genotypes 1, 4, 5, & 6 so if you have genotype 2 or 3 you should not take Harvoni it may not work and could make it harder to treat you later due to creating resistance.
Ok thank you very much
I second what Lynn said.  In addition, for genotype so 2 and 3 the combination of sofosbuvir (Sovaldi) and daclatasvir (Daklinza) is the prescribed treatment.  Many other countries already have thos available and did so befor the Harvoni came oth and was approved.  

Good luck.  

blessings,

Pat
Thanx