Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

hemolytic anemia

Hello all, I hope all are well today. My ? is ,my baselin hmg was 15.5 , after 3 weeks of tx it was 13.5 a 2 point drop. From my personal research, the hmg is not dropping real fast. Yesterday I had a cbc draw and that will tell us how the hmg is doin at the 5 week mark. I should have those results in a hour or so. Have anyone here had white spots on thier palms when looking down at em? A friend at work also drives ambulance and he said it looks like my blood is oxygen defficient. This riba is slowly killin my blood and if it's 2 more points lower this test, I'm gettin to a hemotologist.

Dyce
40 Responses
CDM: don't think that 2000mg of riba a day had any thing to do with that? Jim the double up man, just darned on me your screen name is even double jmjm
----------------------
LOL. Of course the added riba caused my hgb to drop faster -- but it was the three-point drop itself in a short period of time that put me in the ER, not the riba dose per say.

Others, taking the same amount of riba might have faired much better -- conversely, many take the normal amount of riba and run into trouble early. It all depends on the rate of drop and how your body reacts.

BTW I was cleaning up the other day and came across a little pink riba pill on the floor. Got all choked up.

-- Jim
-- Jim

Dyce my friend, as we discussed before you started treatment that having a script ready for procrit would be good in case your HGB drops to low.  Low HGB seems to be norm for those of us on riba.  Your HGB is still in the safe zone for now but get a script for the procrit so you can start if need be.
Dyce my friend, as we discussed before you started treatment that having a script ready for procrit would be good in case your HGB drops to low.  Low HGB seems to be norm for those of us on riba.  Your HGB is still in the safe zone for now but get a script for the procrit so you can start if need be.
Thanks all for the good advise. The doc hasn't called yet but the team tx'ng with me work real close with a reputable hemotologist. I made sure I would get to this doc quickly and they assured me that it would happen . This team has txed alot of hcv patients and have quite a few txing for hcv there as we speak. I will see when the latest results come in today. I'm not waiting for things to get out of hand before getting to the blood doc.

How are you guys doin?

Dyce

Dyce my friend, as we discussed before you started treatment that having a script ready for procrit would be good in case your HGB drops to low.  Low HGB seems to be norm for those of us on riba.  Your HGB is still in the safe zone for now but get a script for the procrit so you can start if need be.  let us know when you find out what the numbers are.
About the palm, that I don't recall with my self.

Beagle
Sorry about the triple post as I was up all night checking under my pillow to make sure Jim didn't get to my riba.  Even though it's well protected you never know with the super powers of the MOTH MAN.  

Beagle
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.