Hepatitis C Community

hemolytic anemia

Hello all, I hope all are well today. My ? is ,my baselin hmg was 15.5 , after 3 weeks of tx it was 13.5 a 2 point drop. From my personal research, the hmg is not dropping real fast. Yesterday I had a cbc draw and that will tell us how the hmg is doin at the 5 week mark. I should have those results in a hour or so. Have anyone here had white spots on thier palms when looking down at em? A friend at work also drives ambulance and he said it looks like my blood is oxygen defficient. This riba is slowly killin my blood and if it's 2 more points lower this test, I'm gettin to a hemotologist.

Dyce
CDM: don't think that 2000mg of riba a day had any thing to do with that? Jim the double up man, just darned on me your screen name is even double jmjm
----------------------
LOL. Of course the added riba caused my hgb to drop faster -- but it was the three-point drop itself in a short period of time that put me in the ER, not the riba dose per say.

Others, taking the same amount of riba might have faired much better -- conversely, many take the normal amount of riba and run into trouble early. It all depends on the rate of drop and how your body reacts.

BTW I was cleaning up the other day and came across a little pink riba pill on the floor. Got all choked up.

-- Jim
-- Jim

Dyce my friend, as we discussed before you started treatment that having a script ready for procrit would be good in case your HGB drops to low.  Low HGB seems to be norm for those of us on riba.  Your HGB is still in the safe zone for now but get a script for the procrit so you can start if need be.
Thanks all for the good advise. The doc hasn't called yet but the team tx'ng with me work real close with a reputable hemotologist. I made sure I would get to this doc quickly and they assured me that it would happen . This team has txed alot of hcv patients and have quite a few txing for hcv there as we speak. I will see when the latest results come in today. I'm not waiting for things to get out of hand before getting to the blood doc.

How are you guys doin?

Dyce

Dyce my friend, as we discussed before you started treatment that having a script ready for procrit would be good in case your HGB drops to low.  Low HGB seems to be norm for those of us on riba.  Your HGB is still in the safe zone for now but get a script for the procrit so you can start if need be.  let us know when you find out what the numbers are.
About the palm, that I don't recall with my self.

Beagle
Sorry about the triple post as I was up all night checking under my pillow to make sure Jim didn't get to my riba.  Even though it's well protected you never know with the super powers of the MOTH MAN.  

Beagle