Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

hep c and diabetic

dose eney one have problims dealing with typ 2 diabetes wen liver flares up , our wen your tx ing
17 Responses
my spelling sucks i wish this web sight had a spell check on it
web sight or web site!!!
I have type 2 also. At the start of tx I had to up my insulin it is now leveled out at week 40. last A1C was 6.3 doc was happy so am I. maybe after tx I can back off some of the insulin I guess time will tell.Have a nice day
my spelling,my driving my thinking , used to be better but, two years ago i had a compleat body system shut doun liver organs hart!i was found on the floar probly 12 houers latter leaking flued around the hart in a comma, blood sugar 25 mil i woak up in a hellacoptar once with a big neadal coming out of my hart,again with electric paddals and i was  stearing at golden gate bridge,, on a day to day basis some one on tx and stage 3 probaly feals better then i do my amonia leval is down to 65 this weak. the past 3 weaks my blood sugar is up to betwean 300 and 500!!  i can keep on going but i wont, you all probly have your owen bad storys you dont want to talk abbowt !! maby,!!!revenire can save his non medical coments thank you! please back to hep c stage 4 gino typ 1 others out ther if your diabetic and your having blood sugar problems  from your liver flare  ups eny ideas on dealing with it im on novolin r, lantus,and glipizide also [byetta]-lizzerd spit..........ps my meld scoar is under 16 now, that"s put another candal on the birthday cake time
I couldn't spell diabetes before treatment, and now I is one.
rent
I too am a horrible speller for no other reason then I am a horrible speller. I too also have type two diabetiese and hep c. I treated for hep c for 30 weeks but in the end was a non responder. As far as the diabetes during treatment I had no praticualar issues. Just did what I always did/do take my meds and try to watch what I eat. I will say there was period while treating that I craved sweets and gave in more then I should have.

What drives me nuts is that it seems to me that my diabetes is caused by having hep c and was hopping that if I knocked the dragon out of me the diabetes would follow. Alas no such luck.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.