Hepatitis C Community

hep-c and spplyments

I was diagnosed in 1995 with hep-c.  Being an alcoholic for over 25 years, I fell out on a job and found out a month later thru tests what I had.  I immediately prayed for God to take the bottle, which he did. July 20 makes 15 years of sobriety and lifestyle changes.  It was not the kind brought on by alcohol.  I take many supplyments that seem to work but am concerned with the fillers.  I take vit.D 1000IU x 2, lechithin 1200 mg. x 2, milk thistle 1000 mg x 2,  probiotic Acidophilus 10 mg x 2, selenium 200 mcg x 2, melatonin 3 mg once a day,pristiq 50 mg once a day, and mens formula 1@day x 2.  Wondering about magnesium stearate that is most pills it seems Thanks, The Thin One
What exactly are you trying to accomplish by taking all these supplements? Liver health? Viral eradication? You mentioned you seem to think they help; could you expand on that?

--Bill
Basically I am maintaining my hep-c / related discomfort and  as my Dr. says, hang in there, keep doing what your doing and soon a cure should be available.  I am geno type 1 and was given the interferon/ribovirin treatment for 6 mts.  No change and after taken off I was already bed/couch ridden with very little energy.  Then I began a quest to research this myself and found like most that all hygiene products have 3 to 20 or more chemicals a challenged liver cant deal with.   Changed all those products to near nat. as possible, then began to seek natural supplyments and having them all approved before by my Dr. before taking.  Including a change in diet, this has gotten me up and going for over 8 years.  Several additions replaced the me. Urso Forte 500-a gall bladder med found to help with liver bile production.  Unable to get disability, I was gettig the Urso thru a program that ceased.  The hardest thing is still the undetermined "quality time" a day  I have.  
Check that the 'men's formula' does not have iron.   If there is any liver damage, your liver will find it hard to process iron which accumulates and can cause more damage than good.   Well done on your drink free years; it's great that you've looked into diet and the hygiene products (yep - use bleach, but use it with gloves on :-).   Good luck.