Hepatitis C Community

hep c,rna,iu

I received lab report but don't have any idea how to read it. It states  hep c ultraquant rna test codes 8784/8793 interpretation  <15 ND not detected and 50,000,000 detected .
Also it states hep c, RNA (log-10) <1.18  < 1.18  log-10
Hi and welcome to the forum!
What has the doc that ordered these tests said to you, are you waiting to hear from their office and do you have a follow up appointment to go in and discuss your lab results?
It appears from your report you've posted that there is a viral load detected. Unfortunately this means there is a chronic hep c infection. I wouldn't let my interpretation of your labs freak you out by any means. You need to gather up info and discuss options with the doc at your next visit, does this report or another report say what your geno type is?  The majority of us on the forum have unfortunately had to face this news in the past or at some point in our lives, so you are not alone. Are you seeing a hepatologist or a really good GI doc ? They probably ran other blood work in addition to the viral load test. I would gather up all the lab work you've had done so far and make an appt to a really good doc who can give knowledgable good advise to you on what the next step should be.
The treatments today are much shorter and easier to take on, in fact very doable for a lot of people. I finished a twelve week course last month and had no side effects or issues, other issues some people are having like headaches and fatigue etc. are very minor compared to the older treatments and cure rates are very high! There's no better time to treat hep c than now and in the near future with so many good treatments out there and with many more coming soon with their FDA approvals. :-)
Please keep us posted...
Best to you!
Mag