hep c

52 yr old male with hep c i have medicare part d but copays for my new treatment  but my co pay would be $3142 per month for 6 months my only income is social security . i have applied to numerous organizations but most will not help because i have medicare and part d . i am not eligible for any government programs . i would appreciate any help
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What meds do you plan to be on?  You said you have applied to organizations but you will need to apply to the pharmaceutical companies.  Vertex (drug - Incevik) offers a coupon to help cover the copay.  The specialty pharmacy I am using also found a coupon for the copay for the PegIntron.  I don't know of any coupons for the ribavirin but since you can get that in generic, it is pretty reasonable.

https://www.incivek.com/sites/incivek/documents/Start_Form_061711.pdf

THis is a form from VErtex but I suggest callng the number at the bottom of the form and talking to someone.

http://www.pegintron.com/peg/pegintron/consumer/coupon/coupon-terms.jsp

This is for the PegIntron coupon.

http://victrelis.com/boceprevir/victrelis/consumer/index.jsp?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=VI00J&gclid=CJGF7-6PxasCFQLu7Qoda3en5Q

This is information on the other PI - Victrelis.

Good luck
frijole
Helpful - 0
you could also look into clinical trials.  i'm doing one and receiving top medical care with one of the top liver specialists for free.  check out the website clinicaltrials.org.  good luck to you.   belle
Helpful - 0
sorry, try clinicaltrials.gov.  belle
Helpful - 0
I would wonder about your being on Medicare and SS at 52.  Do you have cirrhosis as well?  Just curious.  It would help people know what to recommend to you.  
Helpful - 0
I was on  treatment before I had my transplant.  I did not have ins. My doctor sign me up with a program thru the drug company. Check with your doctor. I am starting my post transplant treatment in about week. Thank God I have Medicare and Medicaid this time. But I know it still exist because she offered it to me again until she saw that I had insurance.  Good luck.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community