hepatitis C and exercise

I have been doing a herbal tonic and acupuncture to combat my Hepatitis C. My ALT is 79 but when I exercise I find the next day I lack energy and have slight dizziness. I am losing muscle tone and consequently my weight has plunged from 53 kilos to 48 kilos. Should I try and exercise through the symptoms all wait till I feel stronger (if ever)?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think you should go see a good hepatologist and get a biopsy.  Then you can make a more informed decision on how to treat.
Helpful - 0
I am 59 years old and must have contracted Hep C in the late 70's. I didn't realise I had it till early 1990's. Didn't start feeling real symptoms until two or three years ago.
Even though I'm fairly tall I always been low body weight, 54 kgs but lately I've dropped to 48 kgs due to lack of exercise. Consequently I've been ruled out of the Interferon program due to low body weight and gastritis which makes it very difficult for me to take medication orally. I struggle with the herbs I'm doing but I manage to take what medication I have to.
I have not had a biopsy. Ultrasounds have so far revealed nothing.
I feel somewhat out of my depth compared to the experiences most of the other members are going through.
thanks for your interest.
Helpful - 0
You do know that the herbs and acupuncture won't cure the HCV, right?  Is there a reason you are not on a medical treatment or are you?  I'm assuming you have been tested because you know you are positive for HCV.  How long have you had it?  Have you had a liver biopsy?  A little more info may be helpful.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community