Hepatitis C Community

hepatitis C geno 1b

Please i need help , my viral load is above 5log , alat 175, score metavir A3/F3 don't know what it means , i'm very tired , my problem is , i don't have finance to start a treatment . Is there a medication for hepatitis cheaper than inteferon and ribavirine  that i can spend les than 100dollars a month? IF yes give me the name  so that i can command it .i'm suffering a lot and there's no one to help me with this illness
Metavir A3/F3 means you have severe liver inflamaton and septal fibrosis or advanced liver disease stage 3 which is one stage below cirrhosis.  

You are from Kenya and the most common genotype is 4.  Currently, they are treating that genotype with interferon and ribavirin as well as genotype 2 & 3.  If you are genotype 1, the standard of care is triple therarpy using a protease inhibitor, either Victrelis or Incivek in conjunction with interferon and ribavirin.  The drug companies offer patient assistance programs but I do not know if this extends to Kenya.  Here are the phone numbers to contact the drug companies directly.

• Roche:1-877-734-2797 - The manufacturers of Pegasys plus Copegus have the Pegassist Patient Assistance Foundation.

• Schering:1-800-521-7157 -The manufacturers of PegIntron plus Rebetol have the Commitment to Care program.

• Vertex: 855-837-8394 - The manufacturer of the recently approved Hepatitis C drug Incivek, has the Vertex Free Medicine Program. This program will provide telaprevir (Incivek) at no cost to people who do not have insurance, are not covered by other benefits programs, and have an annual household income of $100,000 or less.

• Merck: 866-363-6379 - The manufacturer of the recently approved Hepatitis C drug boceprevir (Victrelis) also has a Patient Assistance Program. This program covers boceprevir, PegIntron, and Rebetol (the company's brand of ribavirin) for low-income people who do not have private insurance and are not covered by any other benefits programs

I missed in your post heading you are a genotype 1b so the standard of care would be triple therapy.
Ooops, you are from Nigeria, not Kenya but Africa none the less and same principal applies.  Do not know whether the patient assistance programs are available.
Just as an adjunct to the excellent advice nonsensical has given you  I have linked below the scoring scale  used to ascertain the amount of liver damage you have . "A" denotes activity of inflammation and the "F" denotes fibrosis
The 5log is a designation of viral load and at this juncture is really of little importance.Once you treat this willbe watched for "Viral load Drop"

Best to you and welcome..

Will

What Does My METAVIR Score Mean?

The fibrosis is graded on a 5-point scale from 0 to 4. The activity, which is the amount of inflammation (specifically, the intensity of necro-inflammatory lesions), is graded on a 4-point scale from A0 to A3.
Fibrosis score:
F0 = no fibrosis
F1 = portal fibrosis without septa
F2 = portal fibrosis with few septa
F3 = numerous septa without cirrhosis
F4 = cirrhosis

Grading:
Activity score:
A0 = no activity
A1 = mild activity
A2 = moderate activity
A3 = severe activity
Thanks very much , i don't know i will cope