Hepatitis C Community

high liver enzymes

I need help! the doctors dont know what to do with me. in the past 5-6 years I have had theses symptoms. high liver enzymes for over a year now .my liver has grown 3 times its normal size. I do not drink. I am overwieght I have gained about 80 pounds in the last 5 years. I have mass cell diseae. I have had arthritis since i was 13.and my cartlidge is starting to detieriorate.+ I have had to have a hysterectimy due to cyst on my ovaries and tumuors on my uterus (noncanerus)wich had also grown 3 times its normal size .I have had carpal tunnel in both my hands. I have sever fluid retention but my heart is fine ( has been tested numerous times) the fluid will collect in my lungs.as well as everywhere else.IM frustraited and at a loss I hate going to the doctor for anything because they cant seem to find anything wrong all they say is we are going to watch and see how things go?  and treat me like IM crazy!.. I tend to also run a fever all the time and even if im not running a fever im hot to the touch .ex: my husband says at night IM like sleeping with an hot oven. and that happens during the day also. IM at my wits end It makes me dpressed because I hurt all the time and feel like ****! I somtimes get double vision and at 43 i break out with acne.. there has got to be an answer to what is going on with me? oh and to top things off last year my hiar was falling out and thining..it seemes to have slowed down some this year..IM just  tired and frustraited and want to feel better!!!!!
At 8 weeks post treatment my WBC was normal (4.2) and Hgb back to pre-treatment levels (14.8).

But at 12 weeks post treatment, WBC is low at 3.1 and Hgb has dropped to 13.7. Could it have been that lone riba I found in my carpet and touched. LOL. ANC is good around 1900 and Platelets are 180. Lymphocytes Absolute a little low at 775.

Wondering if anyone else post treatment saw their WBC and Hgb go up and then down again?

Of course, the biggie TMA is still pending but with AST 22 and ALT 20, I'm reasonably confident I'll be TMA negative. Of course, I'm sure I'll go into a flop sweat when the TMA fax comes in :)

Speaking of flop sweats -- when I opened my fax this morning (fax comes via email) I mistakenly read my cholesterol (now quite high and over 200) as ALT. A lot of things flashed through my mind, but then I scrolled down some more and saw the actual ALT.

-- Jim
hi jim,
sorry my temp stays around 99.9 or 100 most of the time ive been told that  having a 99.9 temp is nothing to worry about and that some people just have higher temps by my doctor. ive had the hep test and it came back negative. hope i didnt offened anyone with the c word..please forgive me.. wasnt thinking when i wrote that just venting..they tell me i just have a fatty liver and i need to lose weight.the problem is I have only really packed on the pounds in the last 4-5 years..its frustraiting when all they tell me is i need to lose weight and I keep having this pain in my side constantly.. and all the other stuff and all they tell me is i need to lose weight.I guesse i need to ask to see another doctor a liver specialist is right..when i had the hystorectimy I had to go find the doctor on my own because i was having so much pain and all my regular doc keep telling me was you need to lose weight..I saw the doc in one day and he rushed me in the next to take everything out. I asked to wait a few days to make arrangments with my work and the doc was angry said if you wwant to take that chance go ahead but we ned to remove your uterus today..  it all has to do with inurance i belive.. i had to pay for the hysterectomy on my own because my doctor didnt refeer me.. and I think i might need todo this again althought you usally have to have a referral to get into  see the specialist..sorry again just feeling frustraited..
rats
hey Jim if anyone can outsmart this virus it will be you best of luck to you on the 12 week results.
Hey pal. I went ahead and did the deed yesterday - so our blood may in fact be running down the conveyor belt side by side on Tues. I forgot to call and remind them to fax my interim results, so I won't get them till Mon. Your ALT/AST sure is sweet. I know it was a bit bouncey earlier on.  Best luck to both of us for next week!

just another guess for the pile, could be fatty liver going on too...
Better than a fax machine is efax.com
Still free I think for a basic account, small monthly fee if you want a specific number, more fax capacity and the ability to send faxes.

Your fax comes as an attachment to your email so you don't have to physically be at the same location as the fax machine. So the time you save running home can be spent rubbing on some more Alo Vera :)

-- Jim