Hepatitis C Community

homeopathy medicine and hcv antibody elisa test

if hcv pcr test is already negative but anti hcv elisa test is positve then is there any treatment in homeopathy which make anti hcv elisa test negative please answer to this question if anyone know about it.
No Ahsan, there isn’t any medicine to my knowledge that will alter HCV antibody status. If you are antibody positive for HCV, you will remain that way indefinitely. The presence of HCV antibodies are not in themselves harmful; they are not contagious, or do they present any health issues. I understand they can influence employment and immigration issues, but unfortunately there isn’t any remedy for this.

--Bill
I am surprised that these antibodies would present an issue even in absence of detectable viral load. If there is no viral load, the person doesn't have hepatitis C. Why should this person be limited in his employment choices and immigration? I just don't understand, and it seems very unfair. Is this because of erroneous belief that this disease is "incurable"?

Ashan, homeopathy or any other treatment method will not do anything with antibodies. Do not waste your time or your money. Nothing can be done about them because there is no disease to treat. They will always stay in your blood and always will be detectable.

No matter what, you should consider yourself blessed, because you don't have viral load, which means you are free of hepatitis C. That is what really matters.
I dont really think if you test postive for the anti bodies you will be declined a job,does anyone have any solid facts on this statement?...i dont think so.How are potential employers goona know you are testing positive for the anti-bodies?

No worries Tash,you will be fine 'BTW....i think homeopathy medicine is a scam
The above post was meant for (ahsan3497)...count ur lucky star..you are saved
I disagree with your opinion on homeopathy as a scam. But, probably, this forum is not a good place to discuss this.

I know I will be OK, because I don't have hepatitis C (my husband does, and so far we do a good job hiding this fact from everyone). I just think about all people with this disease. There is a lot of stigma and misconceptions associated with hepatitis C. I take pains and struggles of every "hepper" as my own.

I don't know anything about employment tests and if it is done or not. But to immigrate yes, you are tested for HIV and hepatitis. I am an immigrant, and I was tested.  I don't know if they test viral load or just antibodies.  
The decision to tell or not to tell employers about any medical condition is simple.  Don't tell em.  You're only required to tell em if it interferes with the daily activities on job.  This could be grounds for termination if you don't tell them.  If you walk up in there crippled they might suspect something's going on.  May be asked for a drug screen or hair follicle test.