Hepatitis C Community

is there a cure for hepatitis C??

i have a 2 yr old, n at times he would put my toothbrush in his mouth n i am very afraid he might be infected??  is there a cure for hepatitis c?? my main concern are my children??
Yes hep c is now curable for most people with the new meds approved in the last 2 years. They have names like Harvoni, Viekira Pak and Eclupsa there are others also.

See your doctor to find out which of the new medicines you should take for your genotype.

Your treatment could be as simple as one pill a day for 8 weeks with most people experiencing minimal side effects.

Get tested, get treated, get cured!

Good luck
Just to add having your toothbrush in his mouth isn't a great idea but still relatively low risk. Any chance you could put your brush where he can't get to it?
Hep C is now curable. Here is some information from MedHelp.org on what to do once you've been diagnosed, to get on the path toward treatment if it's right for you.

http://www.medhelp.org/hepatitis-c/articles/Just-Diagnosed-with-Hepatitis-C-Heres-Whats-Next/2254

Good luck with your toddler... and just in case, keep him away from tools you use that could have blood on them, like toothbrushes, nail clippers, and razors. Transmission chance is very minimal but better safe than sorry!

http://www.medhelp.org/hepatitis-c/articles/What-Is-Hepatitis-C/2251