Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

long term effects of treatment

I developed fibromyalgia and chronic anxiety after my treatment for hep c. I believe it is a long term side effect from the combination treatment I received and I was wondering if anyone else developed either of these after treatment?

This discussion is related to Are there long-term neurotoxic effects from Ribavirin??-getting worried here.
4 Responses
I also was diagnosed for Fibro-and put on Lyrica-this was done by a pain management dr.  The Lyrica caused edema in my feet, legs, hands, and face.  Members on this forum asked if I had been to a Rheumatologist-I had not.  I went to a Rheumatologist-diagnose: Not Fibromyalgia!  My Neurologist also agreed with the Pain Management dr HE sent me to.  So have you been to a Rheumatologist?  Have you had the fifteen pressure points tested?  I had been pigeon holed on a suspicion by all of my drs, just to shut me up for a while so thanks to the people on this forum Fibromyalgia was eliminated as a cause to my suffering and I went to a Hepatologist and my sides are all but gone-I had sleep apnea and am now on C-Pap and feeling better every day.  Best of luck frank
565661 tn?1229657934
I had anxiety before treatment and started doing accupuncture treatments for it and it really helped alot. My wife usually lets me know I need to go in. If I miss for a while the anxiety really gets out of hand. Otherwise, fatigue is probably the only other side.
Hope you feel better
Dennis
I just finished my combination therapy for 4 days ago-I took extra Ribavirin because I was able to tolerate it-and I have decided to give it at least 1-2 months before getting disappointed about the way I feel.
For some reason I expected to wake up next day-jump out of bed and feel happy and full of positive energy.... Sorry to hear you developed a permanent condition doing your treatment-I hope you feel better.
How long did it take you to feel better after you where finished ? Did you know right away that something was not right ?
anxiety is the worse feeling.. I tend to hyperventalate.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.