Hepatitis C Community

low platelets

platelets at  80 prontobin time 14  viral load at 25 mill doctors wont treat me  can i take anything to make platelets go up so i can take treatment yes or no
what foods or drugs are good for low platelets
The information you have provided are not enough to form any opinion from.
If your platelet count is 80 and your prothrombin time is 14 this could be an indication of cirrhosis of the liver. Looking at two blood values is not enough to make an educated guess on anyone's health condition and doesn't explain why the doctor won't treat you. Others with similar levels have been treated. So there must be more to the story than you are presenting in your post.

Please post all the information you know about the status of your hepatitis C and the stage of your liver disease. Then we may be able to help you.

Anyway, there is no way to raise your platelet count by anything other than by serious medical interventions which only a doctor can help you with. Platelet transfusions or a powerful drug are the only current means to raise a patient's platelet count although they both only for a short amount of time. You must find a doctor that can diagnose the root cause of your low plate counts and higher than norm PT issues. A gastroenterologist or a hepatologist are the specialist that are needed to diagnose, evaluate treatment options and help you manage your illness(es) if they are related to your hepatitis C.

Good luck
Hector

i have h ad this (hepc) since 1975 it went away or into hiding now it came back yestoday my counts ware wbc:3.6 auto anc1.9 rbc3..61 hgb 13.3 hct 38.0 mcv 105.4 mch 36.9 mchc 35.0 rdw 14.9 platelet 74 newtrophils53.7 lymphocytes23.5 monocytes 10.9 eosinophils 10.9 basophils1.0  when to hospital for bleading small hole on neck doctor said all is well? got a op for hernia on 7/13/11 got 2 platelet units during op all levels went back to normal x 2 months my doc wont treat me said i should be seen for transplant but they turned me down cause i have no money and so here iam at the end of the line but i worked inhospital x7 years and know some medecine my ? is why can i have regular blood tranfusions (i have 6 brosx2 sisters)whlie taking new meds (telepravir )that way ill have at least one chance to live? last call is this not logical?