Hepatitis C Community

new treatment

anyone else starting treatment with the new drugs sofosbuvir/ledipasvir. i took my first pill this afternoon.  i'm feeling so anxious about the whole thing and i really need support from others who are also being treated with these new trial drugs and those who have been through treatment and finished. it would help so much to hear how your doing and for me to share how i'm doing.

i've been selected to for a 8 week trail being done at NY Presbyterian Hosp.... my geno type is 1B, i'm at grade 2 stage 1/cirrhosis

i really dont know much about hep C even those i've done a lot of reading about it.
Sorry if this is a duplicate.  I am on the same combo as you for 12 weeks no riba. I am on day 6.  Gt 1b.  Grade 2 stage 0.  So far so good.  Don't feel any different.  I'm almost worried it's not working.
Good luck to us both and all others doing treatment. We can keep up with each other as we go through this.
Kathleen
I've heard nothing but good news. I know several who are SVR and it is short with low side effects. I'm really happy that you came on to connect. Best wishes to you both! Karen:)
thanks karen, i've heard good things about this treatment also, but like Kathleen i'm worried that it wont work. i really need to pray about healing and keeping a positive attitude during treatment. but i've always been very anxious about results and i let my nerves get the best of me. thank you both for being part of my support team and allowing me to support you both also..
Gail
feel free to email me about how you feel or if u need any support.i am genotype 1a-waiting for this to be approved dec.6th(supposedly)
i'm on 8 weeks of treatment, that's what this trial is testing to see if 8 weeks of treatment with sofosbuvir/ledipasvir is long enough to cure Hep C. without a relapse... so we are going to see how it goes. it really makes me afraid when i write it...hope some one who has been through an 8 week trial and remind SVR after 48 weeks response to this post...
thanks, good luck on being approved..keep us posted on how it goes
Wishing you the best mydear...:)

Christinatas..."feel free to email me about how you feel or if u need any support.i am genotype 1a-waiting for this to be approved dec.6th(supposedly)"

I am curious to what makes you think these 2 drugs are to be approved for geno 1 on December 6th when they have not even been submitted yet for approval?

Good luck to all of you
thank you Can do man. i didn't know there was a date either. cause if it was a sure thing i would of waited until then..
i just took pill number to 2. last nite i had a hard time fallen to sleep was up until 1:30 am, i'm usually in bed by 9:00/10:00 pm... i dont know what it was but i was wide awake last night...other wise no side affect and i feel fine
i found out this date from doc and i ALSO found this when i googled "sofosbuvir".BUT doc also said not to rely on specific dates so she said to make appt. for the training class she makes all of her pts. do---i had to take nurse training class for tx. available right nowin april 2013.---for late 2013-early 2014---the sofosbuvir training class---.but it is up for approval as far as what i have found out myself for dec.6th.NOW she also said the interferon-free will not be available for at least 2 years what I am talking about is the formerly called GS-7977 pill(this # is from my memory so i hope i got the # right).i hope this helps your search but i easily found this info myself.i can find it again if you want me to.i am not trying to get anybody's hopes up but this is the information my doc has given me.i did get curious and i did find this out also by myself.she's very excited and she strongly advised me to do a watch n wait approach.
i hope this helps.
I FOUND OUT FDA APPOVALS FOR THE SOFOSBUVIR STARTS ON DEC.6TH AGAIN.FOUND THRU ANOTHER MEDHELPER THAT HAD LEFT THE WEBPAGE BUT I AM NOT TRYIN TO SEND OUT FALSE REPORTS BUT JUST WHATS BEING DOCUMENTED MAYBE IT ALL STARTS DEC.6TH ,MAYBE ITS NOT UP FOR APPROVAL BUT I DONT CARE,ITS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.
Mydear......."anyone else starting treatment with the new drugs sofosbuvir/ledipasvir"

"Christinatas..."feel free to email me about how you feel or if u need any support.i am genotype 1a-waiting for this to be approved dec.6th(supposedly)"

Not the same, as the trial mydear is in is interferon free, I have done my research.