Hepatitis C Community

pain under rib cage

i have stage 4 chirosis of the liver, i am experienceing sudden sharp spasms under rib cage on both sides.
I'd call my Dr. and report these new symptoms. With cirrhosis, we can't be too careful and pain in this area, especially sharp pains. I think it's our body telling sending some red flags to grab our attention. Hope you find some answers soon!
the liver is on the right side, kidneys are on both sides in about the same spot but in the back portion of the torso. I'm a poor one to give info but cirrhosis can affect kidneys. You are getting treatment yes?
already been through 2 rounds of interfuron and ribivrin. was taken off treatment the last round because of my platlette count. had to have a transfusion. my platlettes are down to 40 now.
thanks for the help guys, turns out it was my colon causing the problems. dr perscribed a muscle relaxer for my colon and now im pain free.