Hepatitis C Community

platelet problem

Am on week 4 of pegatron therapy and have had to miss my 2nd & 3rd injections due to low platelet count (as low as 20). I am hoping this will not be a continual problem during the therapy. My platelet count was not above 60 even before treatment. Has anyone else been in this boat?
Bui's wife.I don't have an answer for you, just wanted to tell you they may be slow in coming today since for most last nite was shot nite.

Warriors: Hope you are all doing well this morning (I suppose wonderful is out of the question). Keep fighting.    Joni
bui's wife,
I'm on Pegasys/Copegus my platellets are at .75 as of last week. Everyone is different but we have a simularity.  My Dr. has RX Neutrogen for me might have it next week waiting for pharmacy. Hang in there, don't do anything can will strain you. With these low counts internal hemoraging (sp) is what they are worried about. Sorry for Foggy response. Last nights shot has put me in a real dizzy world today. Can't do much at all.

Warriors,
It's me. I'm still here. Running on empty today as far as energy. I pray the rest of you are all doing OK. This might be a quiet weekennd for me I'm dizzy and can't focus my eyes this morning. Other than that. It's wonderful to be alive and kickin' even though my kick isn't much. Peace to all and my prayers are with us.
Hang in there! Rest this weekend. See my post below, it will get better, just take care of yourself and be good.
I think you are confusing neutrophils with platelets. And neupogen is used to treat low WBCs. Mike
Thank you sir,
You are right I'm really not with it today. My WBC are low and also platelettes and neutrophils my labs should be in the mail today. Dr. told me over phone but forgot already. I will come around a little later today.
Hope you feel better soon, but I know it gets rough those first few weeks, for me anyways, I was a wreck!  Dizzy as all get out, horrid headaches, nose bleeds.  It will pass, I have felt better each week since then.  Hopefully you will too!  OHC :)