Hepatitis C Community

quick homeopathic comment

I had read over in the other thread that chcnme had sent a message to me Jane Doe, as Jane Dough. Ha Ha I get it. What a shame that it IS possible that someone DOES have something important, vital, positive, and encouraging to offer this board that simply IS NOT INTERFERON !!! Are you all so closed minded?
I understand the seriousness of this disease... I HAVE IT!
But for people to make statements that it is absolutely impossible for homeopathic to cure Hec C, period end of story, well I'm sorry that you are so smart. That 'intellect' just might be your loss.
I do not expect to be believed by just posting here, I came here in the 'middle' of my treatment to make a mark, and we'll see how this goes. But I know for a fact that my doctor has 'cured' many hep patients. Not helped, not lowered enzymes, not helped them cope with it, cured as in negative in the blood.
I am not here to give false hope, I'm certainly not selling anything because my meds I get over the counter in Italy from the best homeopathic company (OTIS) in Rome, I don't sell homeopathic meds. I am simply here to show another option of treament. I thought this board was for sharing in coping and curing this awful disease.
That's all, I'll be around. Jane
I do hope you share any info you can regarding your holistic treatment. I will be starting tx with the current meds here in US, but if I lived in Italy, I would first try your doctors approach. If there is any info you can post in regard to what he uses for treatment, I would appreciate it.

wish you the best! I'd love to hear more.
The best thing to make your point is to provide some reputable pulished evidence demonstrating SVR data. Hate to say it, but I've been reading about HCV treatments for the better part of 10 years. I've never seen or personally encountered *anyone* who was "cured" from herbs (and I've taken herbs too, btw). The only people I've seen who've said that, were well meaning, honest people who were referring to people they've "heard of" (and not themselves). The other few I've seen claiming to have a cure were selling the "cure". And invariably had zero evidence that what they were selling works.

Not trying to argue with you, and IFN/riba certainly is no panacea. But it *has* successfully and permanently subdued the virus in 1000's and 1000's of people in the last 10 years or so. Who knows how many of those people have been saved from cirrhosis, end stage liver disease, HCC (cancer) and death? I'm sure it's quite a few. When it comes to HCV the same can't be said about herbs; it simply can't.

Best wishes with your treatment in Italy, keep us posted on your progress.
I am very much interested in what herbs, supplements that you are taking.I have treated twice (112) wks., and have responded, then relapsed. I have been left with mutiple side effects, neurology being the worse presently. I am going to Shands Hospital in Gainesville, FL., on the 28th of this month. Presently, I have seen 14 Specialists, and I am going back to the Neurologist on Tuesday. Every Doctor so far has said that this is a result of the Interferons.
Please keep us posted and if you want you can e-mail me at ***@****
Sandy
Please, go to www.quackwatch.com and type in the search box "Homeopathy" and read what they have to say.

If your doctor is claiming he has CURED patients of HepC without Interferon/antiviral therapy, I and everyone on this board would know his name because he'd be famous in the Hep C arena. What is his name?  

http://www.newstarget.com/z001951.html

Originally published August 19 2004
Homeopathy breakthrough: homeopathic solutions proven to carry memory of water and exhibit biological effects
by Mike Adams

Groundbreaking new research has just been revealed that establishes the validity of homeopathy. It's being called the "holy grail" of homeopathy, and it has been published in the peer reviewed journal Inflammation Research. The study shows that a chemical dissolved in a solution (in such proportions that not even a single molecule of the original chemical could exist in the water) exhibits verifiable, scientifically proven biological effects. What this proves is that homeopathy is real. There's something about the homeopathic water that is different from regular water, and the biological effects are undeniable and easy to verify.
This, of course, is not new information for those who have been practicing homeopathy for many years, or to those who are familiar with holistic medicine, vibrational medicine, or other forms of medicine that go beyond the rather narrow definitions currently defended by conventional medicine. But of course, it is big news to many doctors, physicians, and western medical researchers, who have for decades insisted that homeopathy is quackery and that believing in homeopathy is the same as believing in magic. They say that water could not possibly exhibit a biological effect if it did not contain a single molecule of a biologically active substance. But now, of course, the science is quite real, and this isn't the first study to show that homeopathy is proven.

There have been other studies -- well-documented and well-constructed -- that also show the same effect. But these studies have been routinely ignored, and even shut out by medical journals simply because no one can quite explain how homeopathy works. To understand why this is such an important breakthrough in modern medicine, we have to go back to the 1800's and take a look at the origin of the so-called germ theory and how it relates to the invention of the microscope and the realization that disease could be spread by invisible microscopic creatures.

Today the germ theory is accepted as real and verifiable. But that's only because scientists and doctors can readily see these germs using microscopes. Before microscopes were invented, any doctor who proposed that disease could be caused by a doctor not washing his hands and touching two patients in sequence would have been called a lunatic or a quack. In fact, doctors did not engage in any sort of hand washing for the purpose of preventing the spread of disease until the germ theory became accepted.

The accidental father of the germ theory, a Hungarian physician known as Dr. Semmelweis, was fired and ostracized from the medical community in the mid 1800's for even proposing the idea that disease was caused by invisible, microscopic, undetectable organisms. In fact, after fighting to publicize the truth about microorganisms for fifteen years, Semmelweis was declared insane by doctors and committed to an insane asylum. (Sounds a lot like modern medicine, doesn't it?)

In other words, in the history of medicine, doctors and researchers didn't believe in the germ theory for one simple reason: they couldn't see the germs. There was no way they could detect these germs, so in their minds, they didn't exist. As a result, they continued to practice outdated medical procedures which actually resulted in the spread of germs from one patient to another.

Here's how this applies to homeopathy: today, the scientific evidence proves that homeopathy really works. No sane, rational person could deny it after reviewing the evidence proving the biological activity of homeopathic water. But instead of denying the existence of homeopathy on the grounds that it doesn't work, modern doctors and researchers deny it based on the rather feeble idea that they don't understand the mechanism by which it might work. That is, they don't know how it works, and therefore it must not be true. And that's about as intelligent as saying "We don't know how gravity works, therefore, there is no such thing as gravity."

Granted, homeopathy is somewhat mysterious. It is curious in the way that it works through the use of subtle energies. Apparently, water has a memory, and there's a fantastic book on this called The Memory of Water that will show you in great detail, with colorful pictures, exactly how water is reshaped by different energetic and emotional vibrations.

It's all quite real -- water takes on a different molecular structure when it is prayed over versus when angry people shout at it. Now, if you take a substance like the one used in this study, which was histamine, and you put a drop of histamine in a glass of pure, distilled water, that water, of course, contains a solution of histamine. But if you dilute that by taking one drop out of that entire glass and putting it into another glass of water, then you have another mixture of water that is diluted by a factor of 100 or more. If you do that over and over again and follow a sequence of increasing dilutions, you end up with a solution of water that has no molecules of histamine in it whatsoever.

But, as this study shows, this water retains the memory of histamine, and when this water is given to a biological system, such as a person or an animal, it will produce effects that are attributed to the histamine and that are clinically observable and quite unique to the vibration of histamine.

Of course there are many skeptics out there who will continue to say there is no such thing as homeopathy. They will deny the clinical evidence that's put right in front of their faces, and even if they were to conduct these experiments on their own and produce the exact same verifiable scientifically proven results, they would continue to deny it. Why is that?

It's because they don't understand it, and they don't have the imagination or creativity to suppose that nature might hold some surprises for us yet. They are people who represent the epitome of mankind's arrogance. They think they understand everything there is to know about the way the universe works, and that nature is apparent and nothing new will be learned. They think that if you can't see it, it doesn't exist, and thus I wonder how they even believe in gravity or electromagnetism or quantum physics, for that matter.

Nevertheless, the end result of this is that the amazing James Randi will probably end up being $1 million poorer because he has been so foolish as to offer a $1 million reward to the first person who can prove the scientific validity of homeopathy. Well, apparently this proof has already been completed, and now it will probably be a game of continued denials from James Randi in order to avoid paying out the $1 million reward. He will probably say, "Okay, the lab results look solid, but until you can explain how it works, it's not proven." And that's how he will deny actually paying the claim to people who have now scientifically proven that homeopathy is real -- something Randi adamantly insists is untrue.

By the way, to comment more on good science, kudos go out to the editor of Inflammation Research, a medical journal that has demonstrated the courage to publish a pioneering paper that most other medical journals would have rejected. And this again speaks to the closed-circle, dogmatic attitude of most peer reviewed medical journals. They define the so-called truths of modern science and modern medicine by selecting those studies and papers that support their current beliefs. Simultaneously, they reject all papers that challenge those beliefs, and that's how things that are true but unconventional (such as homeopathy) can be kept out of the minds of modern doctors and researchers.

But this journal, Inflammation Research, was willing to publish a pioneering paper, and at the same time, the researchers involved in this study -- none of which were from the United States, by the way -- are also to be applauded for their willingness to venture beyond the strict confines of conventional medicine and explore the way the universe really works.

Let's face it, folks -- as men and women on this planet, we are but children. We are all students of the universe, just attempting to understand the way things work... and barely scratching the surface in doing so. We know so little about the universe and about the way subtle energies operate. I don't think there's a single person alive today who truly understands the simple interaction of tabletop magnets, for one thing. I don't think there's anyone alive today who understands quantum physics, and who can really explain how it is that the entire universe is made up of probability waves of vibrating energy rather than physical matter.

I don't think there's anyone who can really explain or understand how light can be both a particle and a wave at the same time, depending on how you look at it. I don't think people can explain how properties of spinning subatomic particles can be instantly teleported from one place to another, regardless of the distance, without requiring any time whatsoever. I don't think people can explain how prayer alters the health outcome of patients, even when the patients aren't aware that they are being prayed for. (This is called "non-local medicine.")

These are just some of the many mysteries that continue to present opportunities for open-minded, smart thinkers to explore. Fortunately, there are some scientists who continue to be open-minded, and who are willing to ask these questions of nature, because that's what a true scientist does -- they ask questions of nature and they listen to whatever responses come back.

People like Dr. Stephen Barrett and James Randi are not scientists at all. They are, in every sense, feeble-minded skeptics who probably don't even believe in their own souls. I bet they didn't see this one coming -- homeopathy is real, folks. It's been proven, and it's been proven in a way that meets the most demanding requirements of the scientific method. If you are a true scientist, and you review the available studies on homeopathy, you either have to conclude that homeopathy is real, or you have to conclude that every law of science and truth upon which modern medicine is based is invalid.

http://www.homeopathyworks.com/page.php?xPage=faq_placebo.html

Real Medicine or Placebo?

Last month I wrote about how such small doses can cure. I explained how the medicines become stronger as they are diluted and succussed (vigorously shaken). I gave the latest scientific explanation (enhanced water crystals). This month I want to continue the discussion about the reality of homeopathy.

Not being a trained scientist, but having a curious mind I stumbled into homeopathy out of curiosity. Scientists are supposed to have it, but they are usually trained to be curious within reason -- sounds reasonable until you hit something unreasonable like a medicine being effective even though there are no molecules to do the work.

My first encounter with homeopathy was positive, it seemed to work on my acute back ache . My next encounter with it was with my farm animals - I couldn't afford the veterinarian and medicine bills that can rack up with a farm animal. Enter a thought stage left -- I wondered if homeopathy would work for animals - problem, no books around re homeopathy for animals (This was in1979).

So, armed with curiosity and a book on homeopathy for people (Boericke's Materia Medica) I tried out remedies on the animals using the people symptoms by analogy. The medicines worked. I remember helping animals with itchy skin, abscesses, worms, stalled deliveries, wounds, and more.

Luckily it wasn't until a year later at the National Center for Homeopathy's summer school that I found out about no molecules, etc. Too late, I had seen the medicine work, and believe me the sheep, goats, chickens, dogs, and cats didn't have a clue about the molecules and I never told them. If anyone ever wants to tell you homeopathy is a placebo, or that you have to believe in it, help their dog's arthritis, or get that cat's skin itch under control.

There are many books on treating cats, dogs, cattle, horses, goats, and even pigs -- I have Amish and Mennonite customers whose families have been farmers forever, and they now not only treat themselves, but their farm animals, and they are ready to tell stories of cures at the slightest provocation.

If your skeptic friends don't happen to have an animal to help them with their placebo problem, tell them about homeopathy's value in safely treating babies. There are probably a dozen modern books on pregnancy, childbirth, infants, children under 1 year of age, etc. The authors of the modern books have been successfully treating babies with homeopathy for years (easily a combined 100 years). If they were not helping their patients and/or were doing harm, they would be out of business long ago, and the babies would still be howling.Wrong remedy - Another angle on the question of placebo. When the first homeopathic remedy is given, the expectations of success would logically be at their highest, and thus most vulnerable to the placebo effect. That is, if placeboes were the answer then surely the highest expectations would be on the first dose, and there would be lower expectations on subsequent remedies. But that's simply not the case -- When you hit the right remedy, whether it's the first one or the 10th try, the body starts working to heal as sure as an apple will fall down from a tree not up.

Thank you for the newstarget link in your previous thread. The "groundbreaking new research" in the 2004 article about 'homeopathic water' and 'vibrational therapy' is almost word for word what was offered to me as proof 20 years ago.
I will be first in line to congratulate you when you get your cure.
Take care.

P.S. Why is your doctor so dead set against biopsy? Just curious as to his reasons.
nice to see people are THINKING.
There ARE vested interests in our 'traditional treatments'.

And Dr. Franco shakes and yells at me when I bring up biopsy.
I mentioned before that I might 'might' do this behind his back, I don't know yet, I have to see what Mr. USA Hepatolist says on Monday.
Dr. Franco hates biopsy's because he says they are dangerous, and he feels he has me under control without it.

(Can't wait for that congratulation)  :)
Please don't confuse herbs with homeopathy, very different.
As I had stated on another thread, my doc is in Italy, my husband is Italian, I have mother in law there that can send meds. I was talking to my husband about this, about this board, and how I could help if possible. Our first question (maybe people here could help with this too) is are there homeopathic drs. in your area? There kinda has to be. Can we get the homeopathic meds here in the US? I am going to look into that when I have time. I will list everything later today or prob tomorrow that I am taking. Remember too that not my doc doesn't give everyone one size fits all meds. He really studied my blood levels, my type, and then he is giving me what he thinks. He has tweeked my meds once or twice. A very good question was asked to me about him, that IF he had cured 30 or 40 people of hep, why hasn't he contacted the new york times, he would get nobel prize etc etc. I am going to ask him that question. Knowing him, I have a feeling what he is going to say. I am not sure he cares about noteriety. Yes he cares about helping people, but you have to understand he IS helping people, in Italy. He does absolutely detest 'our' ways here, ESPECIALLY when it comes to this particular disease, hep c. HE loathes interferon, he hates it when I even bring up the word, he told me last week that even the doctors there in Italy, the good ones he says, are canning interferon altogether, they believe it is very dangerous, and useless. His words. He said he is surprised that our doctors here are so far behind. So as for the Nobel Prize? I don't know. I'll ask him. But putting the Nobel Prize aside I know my viral lode has dropped from 1,050,000 to 119,000, and he said that is exactly what he was expecting for this juncture, and he said just to keep going. In my opinion, we have to remember that the US and the FDA is corrupt in many ways, the US does NOT want hydrolic engines and homeopathic cures. We just don't. It's all about money. I have a difficult time smuggling some of these meds in ! For heaven's sake they have not been FDA approved, and they don't know what some of them are. It's for my own good, like they give a good gd about me. It's all about the FDA and the Federal Reserve my friends, watch Freedom to Faciscm by Aaron Russo if you have not already, and then ask yourself if you really can trust all of this gov's 'studies and research'.
I cried for a month when I found out I had hep C, thought I was going to die, and I had to make a decision on which road to take. After consulting my doctors here, and my doctor there, I chose Dr. Franco in Italy. Do I wake up sometimes with doubts?
Of course I do. But I see here people have gone the magical I don't know how many 10's of thousands of dollars way, the almost can kill you way, and as someone said to me on another thread, they got zip, zero, noda. So I will plug along, and I believe.
Maybe one of my purposes in my life is to be the connector from my guardian angel Dr. Franco in Italy to some people here. I would love nothing more than to bring a cure to even one, let alone many. So until then http://www.newstarget.com/z001951.html
and I will post again the stuff I'm taking. If some here have time, maybe you can find if and where in your area (if you are interested) there are homeopathic drs. and pharmacies? like I said I have not yet done that but am very curious to see what the 'attitudes' are like 'here' with that sector regarding hep c. Take car all.
Ciao for now, Jane.
Ask yourself what the real agenda is here; who is it exactly that sponsors these mud slinging exercises, which industry is losing money to alternative medicine, and are the media that report it, independent? Ask whether these studies are being funded out of a genuine interest to further understanding of homeopathy for the public's benefit or whether they're disingenuous and sponsored by those with a vested interest. Ask who would benefit from discrediting it, by any means? Then ask yourself whether you want these people to make your mind up for you or whether you're not controlled by others.
The data you ask for would typically come from a clinical trial of some sort correct ?
Arent most of those trials funded by drug manufacturers ?

Of those that aren't, what percentage do you think are headed by staff with inherent ties to manufacturers.

Next we have the review boards for publication approval, think they have any vested interests with drug manufacturers?

But the manufacturers really only have our best interest at heart so we can all rest easy knowing they're doing whats best for us right ?    

I gave the alternatives a shot at the advise of a friend (didn't even ask to see his labs) and only thing I would change if I had it to do over is I would've started using sooner. Even if it hadn't worked, just making me feel better so quickly was damn refreshing. Plus it was nice to know that what I was gonna take should make me feel better vesus something I'm being warned is gonna make me feel like the walking dead.

I don't think the alternatives are getting the attention they deserve.  

Hi Jane, I've been searching for alternatives.  I want my homeopathic doc to contact your Italian doc.  Pls send his info to me at hillcountrydweller at yahoo.  Thanks!

Kittyface
You might want to re-read desrt's post a little more closely. And be careful with that 'vibrational water' too, by the way.

;-)