A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members
1148619 tn?1332014584

ribavirin dose

Now I am confused. After reading some of the other post I thought I would put it out there what I am doing. They have me on 1000 mg day, I am 114lb female.  Does this sound like to much????  I started tx last thursday, doing triple lead in with Vic.

Mo
4 Responses
<75 kg (165 lb.)  recommeded dose is 1000  so you are good to go...
Having said that it is 19mg per kg of weight  which is at the high end of dosage, Have the doctor keep a frequent eye on your labs(especially HGB.)
Always better to err on the side of enough dose rather than too little   for best results

Good luck ...and congrats on getting started
Will
Studies with Victrelis showed the patient was given weight-based ribavirin (600-1400 mg/day orally divided twice daily.  At 114 lbs 800 mg of ribavirin would be in range but if you tolerate 1000 mg that it all the better and at this point I don't think you're being over prescribed.  It's important to get that viral load down during the first 4 weeks and ribavirin stops the virus from replicating.
179856 tn?1333550962
800 would be for your weight but if you don't develop bad anemia, the more the merrier. I asked the doctor to increase mine from 800 I wanted every bit of the arsenal I could get.
1148619 tn?1332014584
Thanks, they have me doing my labs every two weeks. So, that sounds about right.

Thanks to all for taking time to answer questions.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.