Hepatitis C Community

scared..

looking for support in ontario...canada
Are you currently living with Hep C - most people on this bored are very helpful and supportive
yes  am...diagnosed about 6 mths ago....and I do know pple are very helpful I have gotten a lot of good advice..this is not my first post...was just trying to connect with pple closer to home...thanks for responding
I am not sure what liver clinic you are going to - but my partner sees Dr Heathocote at Toronto Western,  Sherman at Toronto general is also quite good  Have you had any treatment - it is dovered by the ODB program in Ontario
I'm from the gta area, and now live out in the sticks. Hep was diagnosed a few years back after years of symptoms, no energy, pain in joints ,swellin in feet, after a day at work I felt like I ran a marathon. Western treated me, it was a long drive but they are the best so I'm told. I had 1a stage 2 and the one year treatment worked although now I feel like crap still and it's hard to get retested or any help. The last two test results  went "missing". Three strikes and they are out.

When I first found out, I turned into a blubbering fool, they gave me ten years, so we went off to the hospitals emergency mental health thing, some young girl that was still living with mom and pop  told me to get my affairs in order. They helped alot.

After learning about hep my self I settled down. In hind site I should have waited till it was worse. Then maybe a less harmful treatment would be out.You can get disability if ya have hep. It sure helped me get by. Talk to you soon and don't worry to much.

Harry