Hepatitis C Community

side effects?

Ok my brother in law is receiving treatment for hep c with Pegasys and Ribavirin. My sister has stated that HE has an odor "like he is burning/ or on fire". She aslo said that now she is experiencing major headaches and nausea. She gives him all of his meds with gloves on. Further she has stopped having periods (way too early). My niece is also experiencing major headaches (no other symptoms) but is not helping with any meds.
Anyone hear of these eide effects? Any suggestions?
I would suggest that your brother-in-law handle his own medications.  Many of us set alarms to remind us of taking our pills and no one is dispensing them to us. HCV treatment can take on a certain drama and it may not be working out well in his household.  The women may also be somehow physically exposed to the medications.  Put them all away in a secure place and encourage the women to support the therapy by keeping him company,seeing to his exercise and dietary needs, and empathizing with his fatigue.  I think they'll be happier and healthier if they come out of the medication loop.