Hepatitis C Community

silver inquiry

I recently began following much of the internet posting regarding the benefits of colloidal silver and will like to know if anyone has tried the Guardian Silver Sol.  Does it really help like the add says?  Thanks for responding.
If you have hepatitis c you need to be treated with the latest standard of care to cure your hepatitis c. If these "alt medicines" were of any real value none of us would be here in this group we would have all been cured years ago.....

The purpose of those advertisements is to take your money and sell dreams not cures IMHO

from the Mayo Clinic
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colloidal-silver/AN01682

Colloidal silver isn't considered safe or effective for any of the health claims manufacturers make. Silver has no known purpose in the body. Nor is it an essential mineral, as some sellers of silver products claim.

Colloidal silver products are made of tiny silver particles suspended in a liquid — the same type of precious metal used in jewelry, dental fillings, silverware and other consumer goods.

Colloidal silver products are usually marketed as dietary supplements that are taken by mouth. Colloidal silver products also come in forms to be injected or applied to the skin.

Manufacturers of colloidal silver products often claim that they are cure–alls, boosting your immune system, fighting bacteria and viruses, and treating cancer, HIV/AIDS, shingles, herpes, eye ailments and prostatitis.

However, no sound scientific studies to evaluate these health claims have been published in reputable medical journals. In fact, the Food and Drug Administration has taken action against some manufacturers of colloidal silver products for making unproven health claims.

It's not clear how much colloidal silver may be harmful, but it can build up in your body's tissues over months or years. Most commonly, this results in argyria (ahr–JIR–e–uh), a blue-gray discoloration of your skin, eyes, internal organs, nails and gums. While argyria doesn't pose a serious health problem, it can be a cosmetic concern because it doesn't go away when you stop taking silver products.

Rarely, excessive doses of colloidal silver can cause possibly irreversible serious health problems, including kidney damage and neurological problems such as seizures. Colloidal silver products may also interact with medications, including penicillamine (Cuprimine, Depen), quinolone antibiotics, tetracycline and thyroxine (Levothroid, Levoxyl, Synthroid) medications.

See your doctor, get treated, get cured.

Good Luck
Lynn
Hello there! While I do believe that some supplements can help us Flyinlynn is right.  Silver will not cure the HCV.  There is nothing out there that will kill it other than the prescriptions out there.  It is a very difficult virus to kill or was until the newer treatments.
When I was first diagnosed I believed in a few claims, there was one with Olive leaf believed to kill viruses, it might help for a cold but not the HCV. While my liver enzymes went down, once I realize I was gong into cirrhosis I knew I had no choice, I had to treat.
My best to you
Dee
Thanks to all of you for the advice. It is well noted.
Would also like to comment on your question.   They administer a chemo drug that also includes a mineral.  Instead of silver, they use platinum.  This drug invades every cell in your entire body, with life long permanent damage.
Metals in any form are not intended to be taken topically, internally, or ingested.
I do believe alternative and complimentary treatments do help in certain forms of treatment, but whenever anyone claims they have a cure without proven clinical trial results in humans, its always buyer beware.   Just a cautionary tale for further reference.
Take care
~Kim