A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members
149918 tn?1208132344

skin question

Hello,I am going to the dermatologist today, I have a rash that started on my chest, now it is up to my neck and down on my torso, I also have round red spots on my leggs and arms different sizes very dry in the middle? Is this what is called riba rash? Now my question could you please tell me the name of a med I can say I am on? I DO NOT want to tell my derm that I have hep-c! Thank you.Pam
54 Responses
96938 tn?1189803458
Pam, In oder for the derm to make an educated diagnosis you need to inform about the tx meds.  But, even if you did (and you need to) the fact that you're taking vx will be an unknown factor to him/her.  And, you can't tell the doc about the meds without revealing the hcv.  Is this a doc that you know outside of the medical realm?
96938 tn?1189803458
Is this week 12?  Have you discussed the skin issue with the trial folks?
149918 tn?1208132344
Yes, My family knows this lady very well, I really  really don't want to tell her. I understand what you are saying but... I have 6 more days of vx left, maybe I should just cancle and see what happens when I stop the vx? dose it sound like riba rash?? the round spots look like ring worm!
96938 tn?1189803458
A couple of other choices.  Find a different derm, get the advice of some of the dermatological veterans here in the use of over the counter remedies or tell the doc that that you have the expectation that she will observe the law in your state (MD?) and not divulge any personal medical information to ANYONE.  But, if you see a derm you gotta tell them about the meds.  They might think you gave some god-awful communicable disease and start amputating important parts of your body that might be useful in the future.
149918 tn?1208132344
Flguy, You are right , I need to tell this DR the truth, I don't know what I was thinking? I showed my study nurse the rash 2 weeks ago and she really did not say anything, well now it is worse, and the big red spots are popping up every where .Pam
149918 tn?1208132344
I am in Virginia.:)
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.