Hepatitis C Community

skin question

Hello,I am going to the dermatologist today, I have a rash that started on my chest, now it is up to my neck and down on my torso, I also have round red spots on my leggs and arms different sizes very dry in the middle? Is this what is called riba rash? Now my question could you please tell me the name of a med I can say I am on? I DO NOT want to tell my derm that I have hep-c! Thank you.Pam
Pam, In oder for the derm to make an educated diagnosis you need to inform about the tx meds.  But, even if you did (and you need to) the fact that you're taking vx will be an unknown factor to him/her.  And, you can't tell the doc about the meds without revealing the hcv.  Is this a doc that you know outside of the medical realm?
Is this week 12?  Have you discussed the skin issue with the trial folks?
Yes, My family knows this lady very well, I really  really don't want to tell her. I understand what you are saying but... I have 6 more days of vx left, maybe I should just cancle and see what happens when I stop the vx? dose it sound like riba rash?? the round spots look like ring worm!
A couple of other choices.  Find a different derm, get the advice of some of the dermatological veterans here in the use of over the counter remedies or tell the doc that that you have the expectation that she will observe the law in your state (MD?) and not divulge any personal medical information to ANYONE.  But, if you see a derm you gotta tell them about the meds.  They might think you gave some god-awful communicable disease and start amputating important parts of your body that might be useful in the future.
Flguy, You are right , I need to tell this DR the truth, I don't know what I was thinking? I showed my study nurse the rash 2 weeks ago and she really did not say anything, well now it is worse, and the big red spots are popping up every where .Pam
I am in Virginia.:)