Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

sore tongue

The last two days my husband tongue is realy sore.  He has spots on the tongue.  Is this caused by the rx?  Does anyone know how to make it better?  Of course this is a holiday so I can not call the dr office and it is not an emergency.  If anyone can help, please let me know.
13 Responses
186606 tn?1263513790
yes, it is. There is a "magic mouthwash" that your doc should be able to prescribe. It helps a lot. I do not know what can be used that is over the counter, sorry i can't help with that one.
good advice from deb. i think the magic mouthwash can be made up by the pharmasist and does need a prescription from doc. i'm not 100% sure about this but it may be worth a call to a pharmacy.
I have it sometimes and I suspect it's from the interferon as it tends to come post injection.  I take a probiotic called Flora Source and that seems to help.  

Also, Canker sores-http://dentalstore.stores.yahoo.net/glyoxide.html
Thalidomide(seriously) works wonders on mouth & throat ulcers if they persist for the long term
87972 tn?1322664839
Yeah, this stuff can be a pain. I’ve had dry cracks in the corners of my lips, a hard white plaque on the top of my tongue, and a couple of minor ulcers on the side of the tongue. My doc prescribed Nyoxin (sp?) for the white plaque, thinking it was a thrush thing, but to no avail. Everything else I’ve just learned to live with for the last couple of years. I hear Magic Mouthwash provides relief, but I keep forgetting to ask for it :).

Good luck,

Lithping Bill
87972 tn?1322664839
Maybe try Oragel for temporary relief?
87972 tn?1322664839
I saw an article a while back that discussed the antiviral properties of thalidomide, possibly to be used as an adjunct to SOC? Man, I dunno… I’m old enough to know some kids from back in the day…

Bill
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.