Hepatitis C Community

sore tongue

The last two days my husband tongue is realy sore.  He has spots on the tongue.  Is this caused by the rx?  Does anyone know how to make it better?  Of course this is a holiday so I can not call the dr office and it is not an emergency.  If anyone can help, please let me know.
yes, it is. There is a "magic mouthwash" that your doc should be able to prescribe. It helps a lot. I do not know what can be used that is over the counter, sorry i can't help with that one.
good advice from deb. i think the magic mouthwash can be made up by the pharmasist and does need a prescription from doc. i'm not 100% sure about this but it may be worth a call to a pharmacy.
I have it sometimes and I suspect it's from the interferon as it tends to come post injection.  I take a probiotic called Flora Source and that seems to help.  

Also, Canker sores-http://dentalstore.stores.yahoo.net/glyoxide.html
Thalidomide(seriously) works wonders on mouth & throat ulcers if they persist for the long term
.
Yeah, this stuff can be a pain. I’ve had dry cracks in the corners of my lips, a hard white plaque on the top of my tongue, and a couple of minor ulcers on the side of the tongue. My doc prescribed Nyoxin (sp?) for the white plaque, thinking it was a thrush thing, but to no avail. Everything else I’ve just learned to live with for the last couple of years. I hear Magic Mouthwash provides relief, but I keep forgetting to ask for it :).

Good luck,

Lithping Bill
Maybe try Oragel for temporary relief?
I saw an article a while back that discussed the antiviral properties of thalidomide, possibly to be used as an adjunct to SOC? Man, I dunno… I’m old enough to know some kids from back in the day…

Bill