Hepatitis C Community

sores on lips

My lips are so dry!!I've been using a ton of carmex on then to no avail, now I have sores on my lips also, I called my dr. and they perscribed a medicine thats for impetigo.  My hep. dr called me and my hemo was 9.7had to go in for procrit.  Could it be the low hemo causing my lip problem?  I have my vaporizer on 24/7.
Make sure you are drinking plenty of water.  Our lips tend to show first signs of dehydration.  Good luck.
I'm not sure what causes the dryness or the lip sores. Sounds like you are doing what you can - lip balm, humidifier. Drink tons of water.

rk
my lips were cracked while on tx.  my study nurse told me to use tinactin.  she said it was an infection like fungus.  it really worked for me.  i know it sounds weird but it's great.  good luck.  belle