Hepatitis C Community

starting treatment.

I'm staring treatment Tuesday. I'm not sure what medicine Im sure it will be interferion and something else. My question is does the side effects of the meds stat as soon as you start or does it take a little while
For some it takes about 2 weeks to really kick in,for others first interferon shot is the worst.There is no one size fits all on how side effects will affect each person.

Best wishes on a successful treatment.

Dannyboi7
Thanks my hepatologist was talking about a triple drug he likes to use ill find out genotype Tuesday as well I'm pretty nervous
Nervous is normal. We've been there. That's how I found this forum. I just needed a place to find others with experience. The triple therapy can be the pits. Everyone is different in how they react. Some have few side effects and others have them all. You can always search the archives here or just post if you need to.
There are no dumb questions..
Take care! Karen :)
You are probably not actually starting treatment on Tuesday as it takes time for you and your doctor to decide which triple tx will be best for you, get insurance authorization, and then get meds ordered and be trained on how to do the injections. It will probably be 2-4 wks before you actually begin.
Yours is the kind of post that makes me cringe.  I do not believe you can possibly have any idea of the risks you take with these meds, or that you have any idea what they do to you or how they work.

Has your doctor told you "You'll feel like you have the flu"?  Many of us have been down that road.

Unless you have advanced liver damage (and heck, even still then), count 10, do a lot of research and get a second or third opinion.

Based on your question - " I'm not sure what medicine Im sure it will be interferion and something else - you are WAY too uninformed to do what you are about to do.
PS - An ever increasing number of physicians are starting to question the wisdom and benefit of INF combo therapy.