Hepatitis C Community

sweats are they a sign in treatment of viral breakthough?

Started treatment, nurse dose reduced by 50% at week 5 and now have night sweats and day, is this a sign of viral breakthough?

I've never heard of night sweats as a sign of viral breakthrough.

Would you mind posting additional stats - what Genotype you are, when you started treatment - and why your nurse dose-reduced by 50% at Week 5?  Is that both ribavirin and interferon reduced by Week 5?  What week are you at now?
Hi  there, Are you medical person nurse etc or a patient?
I was a "patient"...all of us here are, or partners of one.
I guess if asking for details, should give them also.  Was diagnosed with Hep C in 2006, started treatment on a clinical trial in Feb 2008 and was SVR - cured - April 2009.  

This is a public forum ..where people dealing with aspects of HCV ,share opinions and ideas. If you are looking for a  medical opinion you might be better to ask a doctor.

My opinion is that night sweats could be a result of the drugs or the virus or menopause   or there are a host of other maladies that may be the cause.

I am a real estate developer.

Hope that helps

Will
Although many on this forum are not doctors or medical persons, they have a wealth of knowledge due to fighting the HVC battle.  Due to the amount of time spent researching articles, some may be able to point you toward articles specific to your question.  

Sharing some of the stats as requested might help some understand your course of trt and the decision to reduce 50%.  There is alot of wisdom and willingness to offer good advice by very caring people on this forum.  It has been a tremendous help to me.