Hepatitis C Community

taken off incivek because of rash

Today my Doc immediately took me off incivek and sent me to a dermatologist. I have literally been at the doctor all day. It is 10 days early but, I am UND as of 8  and 10 weeks. They told me I had enough in me and to continue Tx. Has anyone had this experience? And if so did you maintain SVR? The rash got much worse this past weekend.
Mary
Back in March of this year I was in my 10th week when I got the rash.Started on my upper back and latter started to spread.I saw my dr and he told me to discontinue the Incevic.He asked me if he wanted me to be admitted to the hospital after seeing my rash and I said no.I want to go home and continue with the peg/rib.A week later I came down with Anaphilaxia and was rushed to the hospital.Stopped all meds.After 3 days I went home and saw my dr 3 weeks later for a follow-up.He said my test results were great.I am UND.My next test is in 6 months.My rash was from head to foot.It was cold outside and I would walk outside shirtless to cool down before bed to sleep.I iced down during the day.Hopefully you and I and others were on the tx long enough to be SVR.I hope we do.MIKE
I am only aware of a few people who discontinued the Incivek portion earlier than the 12-weeks due to the rash. Actually, one managed to hang in there the remaining 6 days and the other I think was Lookingforward. She had a bunch of images posted of her rash

Here is a link to a thread:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/Rash-Report-2---dermatologist/show/1712062#post_7836347

And you can click on her user name to read through her posts. I understand the rash clears up the longer you are off the Incivek so hopefully you will experience relief soon. Hope you receive more posts with factual info & experience.  Hang in there !!!

Then there is this:
An additional treatment arm evaluated an 8-week INCIVEK combination treatment (n=364). 72% of patients achieved SVR. However, the 12-week INCIVEK dosing is recommended.
http://www.incivek.com/hcp/efficacy#naive
I looked at looking forwards rash pictures yesterday and I knew my rash was worse...the doctor said not to continuing...they wanted to take pictures of my rash and send it to incivek...guess it was way bad...thanks for the 8 week study...
10 days early puts you half way through week 10.

WorkingDog stopped Incivek early, at about week 11. As noted below, he also had to cut some Riba and he stopped all treatment at 19 weeks (if I have his posts figured out correctly). Here is one of his more recent posts:

"i cleared in 19 weeks with incivek to 11 weeks and vl at <43 at 4weeks...i had bad symptoms though..had to stop riba at 4.5 weeks for 10 days and then again at i think 8 weeks for 5 days........

He was Detectable at 4 weeks but less than 43. It appears he took Inc for 11 weeks and then continued Interferon and Riba through week 19. And he did attain SVR.

Here is his May 23 status:

workingdog ... is SVR

Hopefully you will stay Undetectable and attain SVR too. Best of luck.

i had 10 days of incivek  left...pretty sure I was half way through the 11th week...did 11th shot last friday..but thanks for the info..I remain hopeful!
I apologise..you are correct...halfway through 10 week..shot goes ahead of week..not a strong math person