Hepatitis C Community

taking trazodone and having hep c

I was wondering since the medication trazodone can cause drug induced hepatitis  would it be bad for me to take it if I already have viral hepaitis c?
Obviously you need medical advice about this. It seems that cases of trazodone induced hepatitis are pretty rare, but it might not be the best choice if you have hep c.

Trazodone is a bit sedating which is useful if you are anxious and restless as well as depressed, but there are other good choices which a competent physician should be willing to discuss with you. In the UK some hep doctors prefer amitryptaline at night as an effective AD during treatment as it can help you to sleep. But others go with one of the less 'uppy' SSRIs (i.e. not Prozac)or Effexor (venlafaxine)

Get your doctor's advice on this one.
It's what my hepc dr prescribed to help me sleep so it can't be too hard on the liver.
Any comments on taking trazodone when hep c positive?  my bf was diagnosed w/ hep c 6 years ago, has had 2 biopsies w/ the 2nd one last month showing small changes to his liver, but no recommendation for treatment yet.  anyway, he has a hard time sleeping, ambien doesnt always help, and he also has some depression, so we thought this might be a good medication for him.  thanks in advance.  -atlgirl
I take trazadone every night. I've been on it for five years with no negative side effects. Both my doctor and my GI agreed that when I started treatment I should stay on the medicine. I sleep pretty soundly every night and without it I really don't know what I would do. It's non narcotic and non habit forming if it wasn't for trazadone I would be in a mental hospital right now. I went twenty one days without sleep and nothing worked. They gave me trazadone and I've been sleeping fine ever since. Look into it seriously all I can tell you is what I know and that I've personally never had a problem with it. I just have a horrible case of insomnia for some reason but other than that I'm a healthy, well adjusted person and I don't take any AD's. Good luck.
I'm taking Trazadone for sleep but I'm only getting 3-6hrs a night.  I'm on 30mg of the medication for nearly a month and I take 2.5mg of meletonin.  I don't find it to be very helpful overall.
He's better off speaking to his doctor with regards to his sleep issues and his hep c.