A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members
116701 tn?1210262764

tracking our groups genom types

I was reading where one of the group just received there 3 month results and they were great. They were a 1A the same as me. I go on  Valentine's day for my 3 month visit and have a lot of fingers crossed. I get lost on the forum board sometime and partially because of brain fog since tx's started. My email is ***@**** and if any of you have just had test or are coming up on major dates I would appreciate it if you might share your results with me and the meds you are taking. I am on the Pegasus and Nupogen so I don't know what the difference is between some of these meds. I'm looking for all the successes I can find. PS. My viral load is 1.5m on the last lab sheet I received. Thanks for putting up with my rambling - Dale
35 Responses
You know i'm sure that the chances of a Geno1 are about 50%.  Those are some pretty decent odds :)  Really, compared to a few years ago we are LUCKY.

Best of luck with the whole hepc thing....stay tough!

I'm on
PegIntron - Interferon like Pegasys
Ribavirin - Rebetol, copeg same stuff
Epogen - Version of med to help with low hemoglobin like Procrit
Ambien - Sleep med sure you know
Paxill - Cause all of us on interferon should be on a good AD since the medication can make us nuts
Not on Neupogen yet because my whites, while low, are not low enough yet.

Hope that helps!
I'm also 1a, and my 3month(12wk) will be Feb23. I'll let you know what my results are if you would like. My meds:
Pegasys 180mg SQ weekly     (Interferon)
Copegus 600mg Twice a day   (Ribavirin)
Aleve 400mg once a day      (For pain)if needed
Lunesta 3mg at bedtime      (For sleep)
Prozac 20mg once a day      (For mood swings)

Hope this helps...Silver
My 12 week vl was detectible at 419. 3 log drop.

I think that was pretty much your real question and I didn't answer that. 24 week PCR coming in three weeks.
Kalio said: These drugs have been available well over a decade that I know of. I just don't think it is advisable for people to wait until stage 3 to treat. Or even stage 2.
--------------------------------------------------
Not sure if you're suggesting I was so let me be clear. I'm not advising people to wait until stage 3 to treat.

You asked me why I PERSONALLY waited that long, and I tried to explain it was a combination of factors, including older treating drugs ten years with lower SVR rates. These are NOT the same drugs we have today plus I wasn't a F3 ten years ago. That combined with another year or so delay due to an acute flare-up from herbs caused me to wait until I did.

Also, the Gish debate  I referred to on treat-or-not is mostly confined to geno 1's with little or no liver damage (F0 and F1) and was not in reference to F3's or even F's.

Where we do seem to agree is that treating or not is a highly personal and complex decision. It appears from what I've seen you post that we'd make different choices in our respective tx decisions, but that doesn't make our decision right for others -- just for ourselves.
----------------------

Never got any feedback on my querry as to how many people factor in the "stigma" of hep c into their treatment decision. So I'll ask again.

-- Jim
100019 tn?1335923317
1b, beg vl 1,220,000, 12 week undetected, 17/48

PegIntron
Ribavirin
Diovan (blood pressure)
Synthroid (thyroid meds)
Ambien - changing next week to Ativan
Milk Thistle
Vitamin E

I didn't at all. I just want to kick this virus in the arse and get it done with before it got done with ME.

Didn't think of the stigma about treating at all in that respect.  I would have treated if I was a Zero...before it could get worse and I would be older anyways.  But then I"m nuts ;-)

So my answer is "NO".

Debby
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.