Hepatitis C Community

transported Pegasys

the rest of my peg was transported in a 10 hr flight in the cargo hold of a passenger flight in a insulated styrofoam icebox with some ice. was not frozen. is it safe to use?
It was supposed to be refrigerated, not frozen, so it's fine.
timedog the change is spelling? LOL
I have wondered the same thing. It's as if he enjoys finding new symptoms to talk about, like this is a private club, hep c members only, or he is just trying to test our patience by asking as many questions as possible.  Maybe it's an insecurity thing or maybe the jokes on us.
I am glad you mentioned that; I am going out of the country on 8 hour flight and need to transport 1 shot of peg. Once I get to destination, I take peg. and place it in hotel roonm fridge where I will be staying. Will do as you did regarding trans. thanks, Headsrtails.
Not sure it is such a good idea to put meds with luggage at least I never did. I was always afraid it might get lost. I carried it on with my in small cooler that I could put in my briefcase. I traveled from nyc to china and that seemed to work ok.
wat abt low air pressure around the box?
It's transported by air every day.
Are you just messing with me, or are you for real?
You seem like a nice guy, but sometimes you make me wonder if you are just messing with us?
Sorry, I had to say that.
*sigh*
I have to agree just notice the change is spelling from one email to the next. come on niceboy gives the real story.
Maybe it's just me. Suffering from Riba-noia LOL
Nice,

As stated, you don't want the Peg frozen.

Timedog prev: I have to agree just notice the change is spelling from one email to the next
-------------------------------------
Read his emails again. I think you'll find what you refer to as "change(s) in spelling" are actually abbreviations. NiceGuy's mentioned he oft (that's an abbreviation) uses a keyboard-challenged cell phone to post.

Personally, I'd rather be wrong about someone nine times out of ten and give them the benefit of the doubt, then to once insinuate someone isn't real when they are. It was mentioned last week that something similar happend before my time here where someone was driven away with a sad outcome. It turned out that person was for real. If you really think he's not for real, why don't you contact MH, I'm sure they can check his IP address.

Lots of thread here now and real easy to ignore people or topics we want to.

Be well,

-- Jim
your probably right. this person is just another uptight overly concerned fellow traveler and the last thing I want to do is chase anyone away  who is in need of help. Just read to many thread mind games here.

by the by thanks for the correction on spelling and grammar maybe I should submit all my post to you first befoe I do here.
I agree there are too many mind games and double-identities here, so on second thought I can see why people become skeptical. So apologies if I seemed harsh. BTW I didn't "correct" your spelling or grammar? I think that was NiceGuy in post C6, giving tit for tat.

Be well,

-- Jim
I suppose people just register with a second email address and a fake name. It happens with a lot of discussion groups and is very disruptive.
I'll be able to get it on as long as I have px, no???They may think I might want to hijack a plane with Peg. shot?
jim, plz help me here. is peg transported in luggage hold safe as long as its not frozen? does air pressure have an
effect?
jim my dad packed them in ice and a friend brought them to me by air. im sure they didnt freeze, cuz the icebox was totaly insulated,but dunno abt air pressure in cargo hold.
I don't think it's a problem but why don't you contact Roache's Peggassist if you still are uncertain. A nurse will answer the phone U.S. weekdays during business hours, or you could probably just email them. When you call they will start asking you personal information but you don't have to give it to them. Simply decline. They will still answer your questions for free. They are a good resource for many types of questions.

http://www.pegassist.com/
Guys...the cargo/baggage hold of virtually all passager airline aircraft are pressurized and temperature controlled.  

My big fear would be of losing the meds...
You said: "I'd like to see how well some of your "critics" here would do posting on a Pakistani Discussion Group -- not in their native language -- and using a cell phone."
I doubt I'd do very well Jim and I definitely wouldn't be asking a lot of dubious questions concerning every imaginable complaint. I'd probably go real slow. Mike
Mike: I definitely wouldn't be asking a lot of dubious questions concerning every imaginable complaint
-----------------------------------------------
You make him sound like my ex-girlfriend, except she had a propensity to always ask the questions when I was trying to go to sleep :)

But now that NiceGuy's actually started treatment, you gotta give him just a few Props, at least in my book. Not a club any of us wanted to join, but an exclusive club nevertheless.

Be well.

-- Jim
How did the meds feel when you opened the cooler?
Okay, I'm going to give it my best effort Jim. But, it's going to be a challenge because apparently I'm not as trusting ...or could it be as gullible...as you are. Mike

What I understand is that, Nice guy is for real and is only one and he is from pakistan and is in japan now. But i do understand the point you guys are making here, a sudden 360 degree angle change from one posting to other. But thats the way how it works with him, i believe.

If you guys remember he asked me if i could communicate with him since i was from pakistan and have same stage desease. I emailed him and never heard back. So well............u know what i mean..............

But let me assure you, he is a nice guy trying hard to reslove this mystery.

My meds arrived FedEx Air, so I'm guessing pressurization is not a factor. You could always check with the Pegasys helpline or a pharmacist to be sure. What you don't want to see are particles floating around, at least that's what they say regarding the pre-filled syringes. Not sure how it works with the vials. Again, a good pharmacist or the Pegasys hotline is a good resource here.

If it was put on ice and didn't freeze it should be fine. I'm assuming you were not traveling with the Peg but the drug company shipped it to you? If you're traveling with the drug, I'd bring it on as carry-on, just to keep more control over it. That is if the airlines allow you to.

It's normal to worry about the meds, how they're shipped and especially when traveling. I actually returned a batch because they didn't arrive cold enough. Probably unecessary but I became quite neurotic and insecure on that account. Try and relax because I'm sure the drugs are OK.

-- Jim