Hepatitis C Community

treatment options for class a Cirrhosis and diabetes

hi my question is i was diagnosed 1/1/09 with hep c and diabetes im a 47 year old male in stage 4 Cirrhosis child class A after my biopsy  genotype 1b getting ready to start tx what are my chances of beating this disease at this stage
Lots of changes have taken place in HCV management since you were diagnosed. Are you aware of the new drugs just recently approved? Have you treated your HCV in the past?

I was stage 3-4 fibrosis, genotype 1a and diabetes; it took a couple of attempts but I eventually prevailed; you may now be able to use the new protease inhibitor drugs and have better odds of success.

Good luck--

Bill

Bill Thanks A lot for your answer and no i never had tx before im a newbie 1 had two blood transfusions the is 1 when i was born and the the 2nd in 1975 just like to ask could i have had this virus since i was born ? i asked my doctor and he said i probably got it in 1975  was hep c around in the 60s thanks once again for your response