Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

weight lose

Just got off scale cause clothes fitting better and I've lost 14 pounds in 35 weeks of this treatment, carried grandkid (30 pds) on shoulders for about 4 hours and next day worked on remodel job sanding, mudding etc... for about six hours so I don't feel to bad, I was just curious about how much people lost during treatment? One plus is now I'm 16 mg/kg on the riba with just the 1200 daily!! Merry Christmas to all and to all SVR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14 Responses
12773 tn?1328916786
I lost a total of 107 lbs on treatment.   I have been off of tx ( 48 wks ) as of 5 wks ago.   I was maintaining my weight since stopping, today I weighed myself and lost 3 more lbs.. I am starting to feel better and better every day from the sx of treatment.. now dealing with another issue.
I lost 17 lbs. on tx. I didn't want to lose anymore. I have gained 5 back. 13 weeks post tx I'd like to stay at this weight. Merry Xmas to you also and definitely SVR to all.
150807 tn?1194958915
Not lost one pound lol....just my luck.
dperry10 that was a big change!
Grandma, Christmas goodies will put it back on!
Jodylynn maybe your just the right weight!
Thanks to all!
Take your time, I am 29 and have been off the treatment for 3 years; I am still having a hard time eating, I get full.  Eat small meals every 2 hours, that helped me.  Have a Merry Christmas.

Regards,

Chucjj
254544 tn?1310779332
I lost 45 lbs during round 1 of tx.  I'll be on round 2 a week tomorrow and I've lost 3 lbs so far

Mouse
P.S.  I did put half of what I lost during round 1 back on ... deliberately, before I started round 2
179856 tn?1333550962
Lost 20 and then gainned back 30.  Not so happy about that since I"ve weighed the exact same since highschool.  but then again I am also hypothyroid now and never was before. Ugh.
FloridaMouse I know how you feel going on to another round it's tuff but fight on it goes fast! I dropped some cash over at Mouse World last week that place is getting expensive!!!!
NYgirl 10 pd gain for SVR is good deal anytime!
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMHO it would have been helpful that in addition to sharing how many lbs. you lost , what your tx starting weight was.

My tx start weight was 175lbs. and I have lost 42lbs. after completing week 40/48.

I have considered changing my nickname from Big Al to Costillas ( spanish for Ribs) because that's all you can see when I remove my shirt.

Best wishes to all and have a Happy Christmas.

Costillas ( formerly known as  Big Al)
96938 tn?1189803458
I lost about 15-18 ounds on each tx.  After the first, I got back to pre-tx weight in about 3 months.  This time, I'm being a little more careful about rapid gain and being a lot more active.  Before both tx's I was at my target weight.
253566 tn?1219683299
I am just the opposite. I gained weight almost immediately on starting treatment. Even while continuing to do a ton a aerobic exercise thruout treatment after 1.5 years I gained about 35 lbs.

I have been off treatment for over 2 years and still cant get my metabolism back to normal. For about 9 months I have been on about 1200 cals and am still gaining weight.

So from treatment to now I have gained between 50 and 60 lbs and hate it.

frank
I gained about 30 lbs on Tx.  I thought that the only good thing about treating was that I would get thinner!  The interferon attacked my thyroid and I didn't start  on thyroid medication for a few months after the treatment was over.  I can't get the extra weight off no matter how hard I try. Very frustrating.
I've been looking for a weight dosing chart for Ribavarin.  Does anyone know what that is:  what dose for what weight category.  I'm hoping my weight falls within one of those categories and not too high.  My doctor wants me start treatment now, but I want to get my weight in line prior to treating so I give myself the best shot.    
Anna
253566 tn?1219683299
I really fee for ya. At least they understand that it is your thyroid.

Docs have NO idea what is causing my continued weight gain. Probably metabolism.

take care all,
frank
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.