Hepatitis C Community

weight lose

Just got off scale cause clothes fitting better and I've lost 14 pounds in 35 weeks of this treatment, carried grandkid (30 pds) on shoulders for about 4 hours and next day worked on remodel job sanding, mudding etc... for about six hours so I don't feel to bad, I was just curious about how much people lost during treatment? One plus is now I'm 16 mg/kg on the riba with just the 1200 daily!! Merry Christmas to all and to all SVR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I lost a total of 107 lbs on treatment.   I have been off of tx ( 48 wks ) as of 5 wks ago.   I was maintaining my weight since stopping, today I weighed myself and lost 3 more lbs.. I am starting to feel better and better every day from the sx of treatment.. now dealing with another issue.
I lost 17 lbs. on tx. I didn't want to lose anymore. I have gained 5 back. 13 weeks post tx I'd like to stay at this weight. Merry Xmas to you also and definitely SVR to all.
Not lost one pound lol....just my luck.
dperry10 that was a big change!
Grandma, Christmas goodies will put it back on!
Jodylynn maybe your just the right weight!
Thanks to all!
Take your time, I am 29 and have been off the treatment for 3 years; I am still having a hard time eating, I get full.  Eat small meals every 2 hours, that helped me.  Have a Merry Christmas.

Regards,

Chucjj
I lost 45 lbs during round 1 of tx.  I'll be on round 2 a week tomorrow and I've lost 3 lbs so far

Mouse
P.S.  I did put half of what I lost during round 1 back on ... deliberately, before I started round 2
Lost 20 and then gainned back 30.  Not so happy about that since I"ve weighed the exact same since highschool.  but then again I am also hypothyroid now and never was before. Ugh.
FloridaMouse I know how you feel going on to another round it's tuff but fight on it goes fast! I dropped some cash over at Mouse World last week that place is getting expensive!!!!
NYgirl 10 pd gain for SVR is good deal anytime!
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMHO it would have been helpful that in addition to sharing how many lbs. you lost , what your tx starting weight was.

My tx start weight was 175lbs. and I have lost 42lbs. after completing week 40/48.

I have considered changing my nickname from Big Al to Costillas ( spanish for Ribs) because that's all you can see when I remove my shirt.

Best wishes to all and have a Happy Christmas.

Costillas ( formerly known as  Big Al)
I lost about 15-18 ounds on each tx.  After the first, I got back to pre-tx weight in about 3 months.  This time, I'm being a little more careful about rapid gain and being a lot more active.  Before both tx's I was at my target weight.
I am just the opposite. I gained weight almost immediately on starting treatment. Even while continuing to do a ton a aerobic exercise thruout treatment after 1.5 years I gained about 35 lbs.

I have been off treatment for over 2 years and still cant get my metabolism back to normal. For about 9 months I have been on about 1200 cals and am still gaining weight.

So from treatment to now I have gained between 50 and 60 lbs and hate it.

frank
I gained about 30 lbs on Tx.  I thought that the only good thing about treating was that I would get thinner!  The interferon attacked my thyroid and I didn't start  on thyroid medication for a few months after the treatment was over.  I can't get the extra weight off no matter how hard I try. Very frustrating.
I've been looking for a weight dosing chart for Ribavarin.  Does anyone know what that is:  what dose for what weight category.  I'm hoping my weight falls within one of those categories and not too high.  My doctor wants me start treatment now, but I want to get my weight in line prior to treating so I give myself the best shot.    
Anna
I really fee for ya. At least they understand that it is your thyroid.

Docs have NO idea what is causing my continued weight gain. Probably metabolism.

take care all,
frank