what to eat

I am starting my treatment in about 5 days . I will be taking pegasys 180 micrograms and ribapak 400 2 times a day.
I am hip c type 3 my Dr. told me I have very low  viral count and not very bad right now. Is there  any special foods or thing to make the upset stomach not be so bad.
If anyof you have any suggestions please let me know.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions > This is a very helpful sigh since we are all out to get the same results. It helps to know what has helped some of you. I thank you all so very much God bless Hoping I can get medds approved this week get it over with Thanks again
Helpful - 0
I drink green tea A lot. Sometimes I use  ginger from a jar for a quickie. I dilute it. Coffee is actually good for liver - I'm not sure what thread I read that on. I can't tolerate it every morning, bit try n drink 1/2 cup a day.
If you're using caffeine, you can only count 1/2 toward your fluid cuz it's a diurextic. Karen :)
Helpful - 0
Since I have been off the incevik I take the riba between 7:30 and 8 in the mornings with breakfast and then between 6:30 and 7 pm I take the other dose. even when I was on incevik I would take that at 6 am the riba at 7am then my ad at 7:30-8am I spread them out a little bit, but food really does help if you can keep it down and the mouth sores arent too bad. I really had to make myself take those pills ugh...  I found I couldn't drink crystal light anymore, couldnt drink cokes, sometimes I would have a bottle of water that was warm, one would have water and ice, I would have a can of ginger ale and one of 7 up spread out in front of me trying to get something down keep an assortment of things that way maybe one of them on any certain day will work... good luck
Helpful - 0
i believe my riba small print said better metabolized with fat. this was a while back so maybe this is no longer a recommendation. my hep doc did not know til i showed him the insert. maybe one of the old timers will clarify? best to u in your treatment. i was geno 2 and did 24 wks and am still virus free after nearly one year....and feeling no adverse effects. good luck, babs824
Helpful - 0
From what I have read I agree.
Helpful - 0
24 weeks is actually the shortest time most people do tx.
However, I've heard of some people with either genotype 2 or 3 stopping early and still being free of the virus.
Certainly, the sooner you clear, the more likely it is to work for you.
Stopping early is a gamble.

Helpful - 0
Thank you so much I feel I can probably drink more tea than I can water. I ineend to do what ever I have to  that makes this easier. I am told my treatment will be for 24 weeks. Does every one still go 24 weeks if all test are normal after some time of being on these meds . When I was in the Dr office a  lady told me she had been on treatment 12 weeks. She said hers was undetected after 1st week and all test are normal . She said they were discontinuing it . Becase it is so exp and drugs cost so much . Any one heard of this happining.
Helpful - 0
Many of us were fearful to begin with.
Like you, I am not doing the triple treatment.

I was so anxious before I began.
Once, I started, I found it wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated.

Everyone says drink lots of water, but the main thing is to drink lots, and lots, of liquids to prevent dehydration.
There's no reason to stop drinking tea, just drink more, and yes, drink water, too.
I drink coffee, juice and lots of water.

Good luck,
OH

Helpful - 0
Thank you for your good advice I really appreciate your input . I think I am really scared of this med so I am praying a lot and trusting in God to keep me active and grant me the courage to deal with this and hopefully I can help others who are in the same place I am. This support link is wonderful. So are all of you who even though you dont feel good take the time to answer and give pointers to others about the way the meds are working with you. I thank you all and I will keep posting also when I start. I have never been  much of a water drinker  but I love green tea and I guess I will have to change to water and get my habits in check . God bless all of you thanks again.
Helpful - 0
We make quite the pair; between your slow typing and my slow thinking we'll eventually get the message across :o).

--Bill
Helpful - 0
I am a slow typist , LOL, and it never seems to fail that by the time I get my post posted, one or more people have already responded to the question to which I am responding. I am not trying to "best" anyone, just typing slow.
Helpful - 0
Those of us who are on Incivek must eat 20 grams of fat with each Incivek dose. You do not have to d that with Riba, but you should eat a "substantial meal" with the Riba (per the Riba literature). I do try to eat eggs and toast or cereal and bacon and also some fruit in the morning with my morning Riba dose. At night I try to eat a regular type meal with the Riba. You do not have to take the morning dose at 5 or 5:30. I take my morning dose about 8 am (now that I am off Incivek and do not have to get up so early). Then I take the evening dose about 7 or 8 pm. I try to stick to about every 11 or 12 hour intervals. Some people say the Riba causes sleeping problems for them but I have not had this problem. Good luck with your treatment!
Helpful - 0
Ah yes, protease inhibitor mfgr recommends dietary fats with their meds.

Bill
Helpful - 0
Unless cirrhosis is present you should be able to eat anything you can tolerate; there are no special dietary considerations otherwise. Some HCV patients have iron storage issues; hopefully your doctor will counsel you appropriately if that’s an issue. Grapefruit products can adversely affect certain chemical processes; you might want to avoid this as well.

Good luck with your treatment outcome-

--Bill
Helpful - 0
I read on here lot are eating lot of fat is that recommendedor is that for the ones on the other type of medication. Do you reccomend taking it this early I dont work so I dont usually get up at this time of morning  but i can. I was also wondering if green tea is ok to drink instead of all the water do you know if it works the same as water  I make my own from tea bags
Helpful - 0
Water is your friend. It reduces side effects. I eat wheat cereal or toast w RIBA for the 5:30 am dose. 5:00 PM I just have w dinner. Sometimes I take w protein shake. It always makes me a lil sick, so I never take w/o food. Someone on here (Beeblessed?) had a thread about no oatmeal. That's been tough, so I eat it a few hours after dose.
Best to you! Karen :)
Helpful - 0
The important thing is to take the riba with a meal.
It can upset your stomach otherwise.
And be sure to drink lots of water.

Good  luck.
OH
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community