Hepatitis C Community

why are we either to sick or not sick enough for helo

My liver is at stage 4 end stage and the doc what just a matter of fact about it. My ankles are so swollen I can't wear shoes. My legs are swollen along with my stomach. I wanted my Mom just to see her becasue I am getting worse but she doesn't want to see me. And now my husband wnats a divorce so he can leave the coutry and  not have to help me with living expenses. I feel like my world is crshing around me.
Have a lot of you had your spouse leave you?
stef
I just read through your back posts-it's a terribly sad story and you seem to have such a great spirit..
Are you getting treatment for the ascites and edema (fluid retention)?
Partners leaving is common with all kinds of chronic illness-it can be a rotten world.
I can only wish you as many good productive days as possible,and keep posting!
Stay strong Steff, I wish you well.
Paul (uk)
Change docs hun........You need someone more caring!!!!!!!! You are in my prayers
Your situatin makes me want to cry.  When you say Doctor, do you mean a Hepatologist?  I can't imagine he or she abandoning you like this.  I am stage 4 and am now on the strictest of diets. No sodium-no fat. Very little meat.  I don't see the hepatologist again until the 21st of this month for a game plan. In the mean time I take a supplement called Hepatic aid-for nutrition and Lactulose to remove ammonia from my body.  My ankles and feet have gone down quite a bit (the swelling).  If you are end stage is there a reason why the Hepatologist is not considering putting you on the transplant list? As Ste65 said you need a caring doctor.  My prayers are with you also.
I am really sorry to hear your story. You have a great spirit. Keep posting to let us know how you are.