12 weeks and stiill UND!!!!!!! Yipppeeeeeeeeeee

Hi everyone I promised some folks I would let them know my big 12 week out come!  I was so nervouse with lowering the Peg dose, that it would change things! But all clear!!!  Still UND and at shot 14! Thank the Universe!!!

Still going the whole 24 week route of course.

As for my Thyroid issues (due to the meds)
My Thyroid is still a little off...   TSH low at  0.01    from  0.05 last time
T3  High  at 2.11         T4  1.28   T4 is ok he said.

My Alt went up a tad higher...but still much lower since the lower dosage....
again as he and  you guys always say that fluctuates alot....we are not concerned    went from 140 to 62 (after lowering Peg)  now 72....they will just watch it.

It is the thyroid I am wondering about....  any ideas?    I have no real systems....except  a hoarse throat, but that could be the meds. Right?     No drastic weight lost or gain ( I have lost since this whole thing) but nothing to worry about.  No drastic symptoms either way hyper or hypo????
Although I do notice my hair now beginning to thin more....I wonder if that is thyroid or Tx?

What ever right now I am so thrilled to be UND.... now for the sake of  the "numbers" I know many talk of the difference....
The first time they told me I was UND at 4 weeks My NP said the number was 5. (from 37,000,000)! ( I am a 2b)
I asked the doc this time he said "it doesn't matter as long as it is under 5, which it is, it is considered UND.
I know I am going to get some conflicting opinions on this and I welcome them all with open arms.

What I did not get a chance to ask him is this....I will next appointment...
can you still pass along Hep C if you are UND after 4 then 12 weeks or do you need to wait a full 6 months to year to be absolutly sure?  Of course I am taking no chances.

Hope you are well....couldn't wait to share the good news with everyone especially the new folks... this thing can be SQUASHED!!!!!!  Never give up,  keep positive! I still have a ways to go....but this gives me more steam to keep on rolling with the punches!!!

Hugs to all!!!!
Dragon Tamer

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
great news girl
congrats
Helpful - 0
says........I asked the doc this time he said "it doesn't matter as long as it is under 5, which it is, it is considered UND.
I know I am going to get some conflicting opinions on this
--------------------------------

Not from me, everything looks great for you. 3 Months post tx is great, 6 months and your home free... . Congrats girl

cando
Helpful - 0
Wow!  Congratulations!!  You give me great hope as I have just been told I have to take a peg reduction as well and it has been freaking me out.

Keep on rolling!
Helpful - 0
very nice!
Helpful - 0
Looking Great!!!!   Congratulations and HUGE motivation for the next few months...
Helpful - 0
Your thyroid is doing similar to mine, and from what I can gather we are a little 'hyper' at present - I think it's 'subclinical' hyper unless all three readings are abnormal and then they'll give you meds;  my TSH is 0.08 and another blood test was done last week to check all 3 counts again (not sure what my T3 and T4 are until tomorrow).  

I lost a little, and am now gaining a little, weight (week 14 this week);  hair has thinned minimally so nothing that I notice apart from some sleeplessness which may or may not be related.   I'm hoping the thyroid will hold but, at this stage, I don't know whether there's any kind of pattern over months, or whether it happens quite quickly.  Hopefully someone else can assist.    

Congrats again on your 12 week result :-)
Helpful - 0
Congrats on your 12 weeker!!!!
Good news!
Helpful - 0
I imagine 5 is the detection limit of the test, so that spells UND to me. Great going! You are halfway there. Congrats!
Helpful - 0
True to your name! Yay! Whoo hoo! A Howard Dean girlie scream just for you!!!Yeaaaaggghhh!                                                                 ~Melinda
Helpful - 0
Great news!  You're on a roll - let's keep it going.

jd
Helpful - 0
Your doing something right.Congratulations so Far on SVR.Sounds like you need to keep doing what your doing.
God bless,
Tammy
Helpful - 0
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee Skippppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm gonna try a back flip for you...

OK - nevermind --- would ya settle for a sommersault?

Oh hell - would ya go for a Dr. Pepper?

*pop*

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip

Raising can to the computer screen

Rock the heck on!

Meki
Helpful - 0
Thanks for all for the encouragment gang!  Sending it right back at ya!  No need for sommersaults or strenuous arobic activity Meki!!  The Dr. Pepper will do just fine... It is not so misunderstood any more!! :)

Epifany don't freak out or worry...things will be fine if you have a good doc, who knows what they are doing!!  Just keep asking questions!  When mine starts going "Latin" on me I just tell him to slow down, stop  and speak English. LOL  

I'm learning It is all a balancing act. It all can be and is frightening but you have the right attitude girl!!  We can all and will do this together, just staying in the  positive!

About the hair I just heard due to to the current economic mess we are in here, "depression chic" is back in mode, and as I allready tend to wear poor boy hats on occassion... I am way ahead of the fashion world...  just in case the hair begins to go too fast!  ;)

Thanks again everyone, you're all my pieces of the rock of Gibralter!

Rocking and rolling on!!!
Dragon Tamer
Helpful - 0
Congrats!
Helpful - 0
First, congratulations on being UND at 12?

As to the "numbers", yes, they are important, and it appears from what you write that you were also UND a week 4, which is very important especially for a genotype 2. It's always a good idea to have copies of all your blood tests and procedure reports and you might ask for them now.

Your hoarse throat could be from Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR) which can be diagnosed by an ENT specialist. If that's the case, they may put you on a PPI like Nexium or a H2 Pump like Zantac. Or maybe it's just from yelling "'I'M UND!  I'M UND! I'M UND!" at the top of your lungs in which case they may just recommended resting your voice.

As to "passing along" Hep C, not sure what you mean. Even before you treated it would be very difficult to pass along the virus except through blood-to-blood contact such as sharing a needle, or perhaps a personal item such as a toothbrush. Sexual transmission is rare and I imagine you were told to use condoms during treatment and for six months after treatment (that's because of the ribavirin not because you're contagious) -- so not sure what you're worried about. That said, transmission does appear to be related to viral load levels, so if your're UND via a very sensitive test then you probably would not pass it along but again, not sure how you would anyway as long as you do not engage in high risk activities or share personal items.

-- Jim
Helpful - 0
Congrats! Am so happy for you!!!!

Marcia
Helpful - 0
-------

My hair started falling out a LOT faster when I went hyper thyroid at about week 24 or so.  Has the doc spoken to you about going on Syntrhoid? Hyper is much more dangerous than hypo - most of the time however it will flip flop around and switch and you end up being hypo in the end (that is what happened to me).

I've been on synthroid since I was diagnosed at about the same level as you so that is why I am wondering why you haven't been sent for a nuclear imaging scan or to see the endocronologist?

BIG CONGRATS ON THE UND - WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :)
Helpful - 0
Way to go! Congrats on the UND!  AWESOME news!

Deb
Helpful - 0
Hey, did you ever get a dog? I was thinking about that earlier.
Helpful - 0
Congrats!  Way to go!

peace
rita
Helpful - 0
Taming that dragon are ya, well congratulations on getting ‘em back in his cage.

jasper
Helpful - 0
Thanks again gang!!    Love the screaming UND UND Jim!!! LOL  Doc said could very well be the drugs. Been tested for Reflux all ok there...but good thought Jim. I hardley eat any more anyway! LOL
So many questions so little time!  No dog yet Deb....but we found a REPUTABLE breeder here in the same state!  Irish Wheaten Terriers...   a Benji but fluffier (doesn't shed) and bigger. She will have the litter in April. If all goes well I will have my fluffy baby by the summer.
Hopefully will have my job too!! Phew what a money mess ey? Slashed the education budget today in my state big time! If we run out of paper and supplies before school ends..we are out of luck!  Kids will be writing tests on their hands! Jobs are safe for now. Have to be able to feed the pup!
I hope you all are not getting really creamed with this insane mess. They say be patient, sit tight it will turn around....as if we have a choice to do anything else!

To Ny York girl...I do have an appointment with the Endo.... in November, but, if my next labs are still down they are going to push that up. They have not mentioned the meds yet as an option....I think they are hoping things will turn around on the next labs. I am pretty asymptymatic so far...except for the numbers.

I have a friend who is on Synthroid and a mix of T3 and T4 (she does not have Hep) first they only gave her the T4 with the synthroid, it helped some but  when they mixed it with T3  it balanced her out right away...
She could not get pregnant for years...then FINALLY they checked her Thyroid.... Duuuuurrrr    and Voila.....put her on the combo and she was pregnant within a year...  Sad note to the story, her husband strayed and she is now getting divorced!!!!  Alaynnis Morrisette was right....Isn't life ironic!! ;)  

Well you know I am always sending out good thoughts and energy to all corners of the globe where ever all you wonderful people are. It would be so cool if one day when we are all well.....and we will be!!!.... we could have a massive party (yes with Doctor Pepper Meki) in the middle of the Earth somewhere!  Hmmmm where is the middle of the earth.... ah heck  Bermuda, Jamaica ....Bahamas.... they all work for me!!  I hear some of you Parrot Heads singing!!!   :)    

Sending sweet dreams and a peaceful sleep to all you caring, thoughtful people tonight!
Dragon Tamer
Helpful - 0
Congratulatons on your UND!!!!!!  I feel like I am late to the party....but I stopped by the store to get some more Dr Pepper. :-)

It is encouraging to hear your good news to those of us that have faced peg reductions...so thanks for sharing.

Hoping the thyroid gets straightened out soon for you.  And you continue to do well.

All the best,

Isobella
Helpful - 0
Oh they are cute!  terriers can be a handful though! I saw a cute beagle!  same thing there!  Busy little guys!

I am glad I waited though! Not sure I could manage a pup now,   Glad your going to get your wish! You deserve it!

AGAIN CONGRATS

Deb
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis Social Community