A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis Social Community
1.94k Members
220090 tn?1379170787

A queston for Medhelp

I have been reading this forum for many years and posting for two.  I see a noticeable increase in deleted posts and the marked absence of many of the most helpful posters.  I had disagreements with some of them, but their absence is my loss.

Why are you doing this?  A forum can be moderated or not, but this forum seems  in between and uses arbitrary rules.

Most of us take mind altering drugs; we need guidance sometimes when we are out of line, but threatening and banning are not helpful.  This is a support forum for adults.   Sometimes we are so overwhelmed by the drugs that we do not behave as adults, but that is rare.  

If you apply arbitrary rules and let trolls post at will and you ban the people that complain about the trolls, you lose the respect of the forum members and you, medhelp, will lose in the end.

If you feel the forum has to be moderated, then supply a moderator that understands the forum and the problems of the participants.  
79 Responses
Well said.  I agree wholeheartedly.

jd
9648 tn?1290094807
Me too.
412873 tn?1329178055
I third the motion.

I agree with all your points.
I have perused some of the other forums,one of which (not difficult to work out which) is totally dominated by trolls some of whom are obviously using multiple screen names.
Taking a tough line with trolls in the Hep C forum has quietened them down,as they don't post if they don't get attention.
I was shocked to learn that certain responsible people have been booted for shooting down trolls.
Let's get back on track!
206807 tn?1331939784
This is one of the reasons I don’t post much anymore. I have never been involved with any “Click” but have observed how they have ganged up on members and then reported the victims to M.H. when they retaliated after being provoked. This resulted in losing some great assets.
It saddens me because I know for a fact that me and several other members would not have made it through tx if it was not for this forum.
I agree we need a moderator but it would have to be one that has been through tx and has an unbiased cool head.
I agree with all of the views expressed her.
This forum helped save my life and I know that, if it had been like it is now when I was in need, I wouldn't stayed and benefited as I did. I would have been in deep trouble.
I too have been reluctant to post much lately for the reasons already so eloquently expressed.
Mike
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.