Hepatitis Social Community

Ammonia levels

Has anyone been told that you have high ammonia levels from Hep-C?  If so, please tell me the common side effects and if you use Lactulose for treatment.  I am interested in hearing about headaches that you may have from the disease or treatment.
High ammonia levels lead to brain fog. I used 2 amino acids (arginine and orthinine as suggested by Dr. H. Clark in her book on HIV, only one page was about HCV).
Thank you, I will look up the book and ask about the amino acids
I take enulose, which is the same thing.  High ammonia levels can lead to coma and death - nothing to play around with.
I think perhaps your headaches are from the ammonia level being so high.  It is a by product of meats.
The sides are flatulence and very watery excretions because the lactulose draws fluids into the colon.
I don't believe you'll get headaches from the lactulose, but it will clean you out !

Caveate ~~~ be carefull if you need to fart, often more comes out than just air.
Don't have hepatitis ,but do take lactulose for high ammonia levels.I've been taking it for almost a year. I've never gotten any headaches from lactulose.     I do take L-Ornathane I get it at the health food store. Not sure what it is supposed to do but I'm trying. It's taken me this long to regulate the lactulose so I don't get sudden urges. But the gas is still bad. Can't take meds for that because they interfear with my other meds. Good luck. cat33
Forgot to let you  know if you forget a dose or two . For example if you go somewhere without. You get encepalopathy (brain fog). You for get things. Can't speak clearly or make sense. So don't forget to take it.