Hepatitis Social Community

Comfort foods - what gets/got you through tx

I've been drawing up a shopping list for comfort foods before I start tx. I was wondering what things you kept on hand to get you though it.

Here's my current (and ongoing) list as of today:

Ginger ale
Mrs. Grass chicken soup
Campbell’s tomato soup
Saltines (lightly salted)
Grilled cheese
Gelato
Ice cream: (HD’s Dulce de Leche, B/J’s Cherry Garcia, fresh peach)
Homemade chicken soup (finely chopped stuff)
Homemade vegetable soup (broth or pureed)
Ginger snaps
Tea (peppermint, ginger)
Cottage cheese
Plain yogurt/fruit for smoothies/frozen
Lime juice popsicles

Pam
I think your list is really complete.  I am sure you have read many posts that the sides were different for all.  Some had no problems with appetite or nausea.  I on the other hand, just didnt eat much at all, no appetitie.  I lost about 20 so far.  It got to the point where i had to eat whatever I could swallow.  Anything not loose more weight.  

It looks like you have done your homework!!!!

good luck with the start of TX...

Peace
rita
Ice cream is really the only thing you need and i'm not just saying that cause i sell it. (well really i am). Any way you will be just fine. Best to ya girl.

cando
OK - gotta be honest ---  had a bunch of food --- but ended up eating only these things:

Popsicles --- any kind of ice cream on a stick...

PRETZELS... And flipsides --- they are cracker pretzels --- both plain and cheddar.

Soups... any kind I liked.

And spaghetti Os.

Tons of crackers and potato chips...

Anything that was easily grabbable.

May your TX go well.

Meki
Yeah, I'm thinking quick and easy here...just in case of nausea, mouth probs...what have you...things that stay DOWN!

Want to have things on hand since I live alone and don't particularily relish scraping snow off my car in the middle of a MN blizzard to get them.

Plus, for my helpers, when they ask what they can do, I can be specific. As a carer, it's sometimes hard to know exactly what one's needs are when you haven't walked in their shoes.

Pam

Pam; try some raw cranberries with your yogurt; not bad and it seems tha UTI's can sometimes sow up during TX.  Cranberries may help and keep one a tad less acidic.

Possibly consider the "BRAT" diet which is often used for diarrhea back when the kids were young)
(Lets see if I remember; Banana, Rice, Apples....and I can't remember the "T".  : ) )
.....no....it ain't trout......

Willy
(who wishes that one of these years he will learn to spell diarrhea without spell checking it.  ; ))
toast  

(I remember mom giving it to me, yep)